When Resin meets Styrene a Suburban is Born.

joe122

So not sure if this is the right location to post this project as it doesn't have a chassis as of yet, but it will!!! So back story, Blake Livelsberger - "metalmasher" asked me if I would be interested in a bit of a collaboration. He pulled some molds in resin of a Pro-Line '66 Chevy pick up and asked me if I would be interested in converting it into a '66 Chevy Suburban. I received the cab, a few side panel sections and mapped out a plan, which meant I had no clue how to meld resin to styrene.

The wheels openings had to be reshaped, the roof and character lines needed to be added, the rear doors, hinges, recessed license plate, gas door, bottom body lines, and rear lens opening and lenses made. I really didn't know if this would work. Keeping the long sharp body line straight was a bit of a challenge. Super glue, resin and spot putty/Squadron Hobby filler and 8 sanding sessions got it to where I felt Blake would be happy with it.

With any luck we may see a metal version of the 'Burban someday!!! IMG_1040.jpgIMG_1475.jpgIMG_1576.jpgIMG_1600.jpgIMG_2037.jpgIMG_2599.jpgIMG_2601.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2557.jpgIMG_2992.jpgIMG_2994.jpgIMG_2993.jpgIMG_2991.jpg

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Wow wow wow!!That is fantastic.

That in metal might be the greatest thing ever.

Excellent work, Gentlemen.

joe122

Awesome build man. Thanks, I was truly skeptical at first!

Sent from my Z558VL using Tapatalk

::bigdrool
That is fantastic joe122!
Thank you!

Wow wow wow!!That is fantastic.

That in metal might be the greatest thing ever.

Excellent work, Gentlemen.
I cannot agree more! So looking forward to a metal version!

Solid build!
Thank you!

very nice
Thanks!

Wow! That looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more.
Me too! In metal should be so awesome!

Metal Masher

V.I.P. Member
Sorry, A bit late to the party on this.

I was so glad Scott was willing to take on one of my crazy ideas but I had total faith he could pull it off. A lot of firsts for me on this one: First slip cast of a lexan body, first mid 60's Suburban hard body and first to combine resin and styrene.

I have a few things to take care of first but as soon as I can I will be posting progress of my version and Scott will have this back to put his spin on it.

Thanks again Scott!

joe122

Sorry, A bit late to the party on this.

I was so glad Scott was willing to take on one of my crazy ideas but I had total faith he could pull it off. A lot of firsts for me on this one: First slip cast of a lexan body, first mid 60's Suburban hard body and first to combine resin and styrene.

I have a few things to take care of first but as soon as I can I will be posting progress of my version and Scott will have this back to put his spin on it.

Thanks again Scott!

Glad to be part of so many firsts! In metal it will be next level stuff for sure!

2Beers

It's me again.
Reminds me of one I did a few years back hehehehehe
Hope you don't mind the share. Body is still floating around my local area.
1966 Burban hard body.jpg
1966 burban.jpg
1966 Buban 4x4.jpg

Just awesome.
Plus I have a SWB 1:1 in the garage under construction::2thumbs
Love it and cant wait to see a metal body version.

Metal Masher

V.I.P. Member
Reminds me of one I did a few years back hehehehehe
Hope you don't mind the share. Body is still floating around my local area.

Just awesome.
Plus I have a SWB 1:1 in the garage under construction::2thumbs
Love it and cant wait to see a metal body version.

Oh I very much remember that one! If I recall you and I tried to do a collaboration on a suburban body but just couldn't work out the details, or the timing was wrong or something.

I really want a 1:1 in the worst way but I just can't afford them now. their prices have gone through the roof recently. :nonono:

2Beers

It's me again.
Thanks guy's ..again, hope you didn't mind the derail and share.
Really giving me the bug to purchase some new tiny trucks and stuff and get back to building lately.

@masher...I'm still in love the ford stepside your doing.
Sooooo can't wait to see this one started in metal.

Keep it coming guys. all eye's here.

joe122

Well, It's baaaaaacck!!!!! So excited to have the body back. So #metalmasher sent the body back after finishing the molds. Even sent a new roof top to graft on to it and the grill. I finished the front end mods and added the roof, mine was just a bit shorter than stock. I am prepping for a chassis, so far I have a two wheel drive version planned first as well as a 4 x 4 chassis.

I have narrowed a rear axle, ordered a 1/14 scale beam axle for the front. I printed 1./10 scale Torque Thrust wheels, narrowed the fronts, painted them and prepped the body for "lowered" mode.

For bumpers I was going to make the stock units but had seen a Bitchin Rides episode where Dave Kindig used '68 Camaro bumpers on a C10 build. So I made a couple '68 Camaro bumpers.

Now to tackle a bit more body work and build a chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg