Welcome to Smiggin's Folly

MrSquiggles

So I see you're a Lowe's man. I prefer the blue to the orange myself... mainly because it's closer to my house. :laughing:

The Folly is looking nice in it's new spring wardrobe!

NewGuy

I'll always be a newbie
Does Uncle Albert heed Smokey the Bear's forest fire prevention techniques? Or will there be a burnt trail run one day. Just saying it would be cool, even if it's in your backyard at 1/10th the scale. That's only like 3 arborvitaes.

Waits

Wow! Just incredible!

I'm new to the hobby, just starting to deep my feet in, and have read over this entire thread. Truly inspirational as are all the threads and posts I have had the chance to read.

Amazing work.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Does Uncle Albert heed Smokey the Bear's forest fire prevention techniques? Or will there be a burnt trail run one day. Just saying it would be cool, even if it's in your backyard at 1/10th the scale. That's only like 3 arborvitaes.
I don?t think I?ll be intentionally lighting my backyard on fire any time soon.
Wow! Just incredible!

I'm new to the hobby, just starting to deep my feet in, and have read over this entire thread. Truly inspirational as are all the threads and posts I have had the chance to read.

Amazing work.
Thanks!
Wish I had the space to build something like this. Really awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I consider myself very lucky.

Hello fellows. Here is a picture of the yard from last night. The grass is greening up after the hot summer now that we?ve had cooler temperatures and some rain.
0f43f6b98680ac815f17cc272678744f.jpg

Last edited:

2Beers

It's me again.
Forgot tiny truck in fore ground..;)
I'll let it slide this time :laughing:

Smiggins rocks... "n00b".

Such an inspirational and awesome play ground.
Been a fantastic journey watching it all come together.
Thanks for the share.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Forgot tiny truck in fore ground..;)
I'll let it slide this time :laughing:

Smiggins rocks... "n00b".

Such an inspirational and awesome play ground.
Been a fantastic journey watching it all come together.
Thanks for the share.

Thanks for following along!

Was out working in the yard today enjoying the last of the nice weather. Did a little tidying up at the Folly.

712a830e57cc03796e4558a287e5b9ad.jpg

71d9167a8013d3e39e654cfd0ec45c18.jpg

DojCity

Supporting Member
I was just watching some of the videos on Smiggin?s Folly and achieved a level of Zen-like calm. I appreciate the imagination and creativity you bring to it and your builds.

2Beers

It's me again.
n00b...
I'd like to donate the pady wagon to smiggins good cause if your interested.
Free....::D:
IMG_1178 (520x390).jpg

Look purdy cool in front of the jail...heheheheee;)

snicklefritz701

Supporting Member
Very impressive. I was looking for some inspiration before just throwing some rocks in my backyard, didn’t expect to see something as exceptional as this. Kudos sir

Barehuggs

Marbles, what Marbles?
I like it! Good idea.

It looks like an amazing place and it?s so great to see so many people involved. I wish I had some like-minded builders in my area but sadly there are none.

Cheers! I love what you?re doing.

Crawler Addict built this amazing copper still and I knew exactly where it needed to go. With the 2beers built Ford in the background. Gives it the Appalachian mountain feel I reckon.
0f012c9140c645bcfed44bdee0205156.jpg

You need to figure out how to add thumbs up or likes to individual posts! This one deserves 5 * and a Huuuge thumbs up

Small Factory

Fancy-Walkin'
I think that the admins purposely do not have a like/thumbs up button so that one must word a reply (to keep it more personal and promote discussion). It seems to have worked, because I agree with you.... that pic of the still and old ford body is amazing.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I think that the admins purposely do not have a like/thumbs up button so that one must word a reply (to keep it more personal and promote discussion). It seems to have worked, because I agree with you.... that pic of the still and old ford body is amazing.

That is correct. We will be adding an auto reply that says ?nice truck? soon though.

Pappy has been farming so he needs a place to sell his produce. Also Uncle Albert will be offering kisses for $3.

b8656309d4b996005570ac719af83eb3.jpg

ImolaRed

I have watched your YT videos (subscribed), especially Smiggin's Foley vids, so many times - this is simply the BEST I've seen! I know that it took time to get all the vegetation to fall in place, small details and coordinating scale models are spot on - you have to have that "vision" - Thanks so much for sharing.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I have watched your YT videos (subscribed), especially Smiggin's Foley vids, so many times - this is simply the BEST I've seen! I know that it took time to get all the vegetation to fall in place, small details and coordinating scale models are spot on - you have to have that "vision" - Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks for watching and subscribing! And also thanks for such kind words.

The structure is just about done but needs some signage. And produce...
4bab6875eb093f4f8422d5daccaeda38.jpg

3f0dfab976839912c6486fc64024c2fc.jpg

98c1b9363d44bc5dda6e75638908967d.jpg