Welcome to Smiggin's Folly

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
13963644655_5f36f0d43b.jpg

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
In August of 2013 Pappy Smiggin donated 2,000 acres of land to Creepy Uncle Albert for him to build the off road park of his dreams. Due to the massive scale of this project I will be lending a hand to help make Uncle Albert's dream come true. Follow along as we make history.

Last edited:

crawlin

This is perfect I love steaks and off road now there together in one smiggin's hole WOOOHOOOO !!!!

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
Damn you Doug now I wanna go to a sheetz gas station and get a hot dog lol best dogs ever

Wait till you try a Smiggin's House Steak Hole dog... that's their specialty... hot dogs.... they are 1:9 scale so order more than you normally would.

P.S. I noticed the funding source.... I thought Cwalring Monthly went belly up? This should be an interesting saga.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Don't believe Cwalring Digest, Cwalring Monthly is just hibernating.

Let's gather 'round and listen to a tale. I bought a house last summer. Since I'm a grown up I made sure it would have adequate space for a toy truck play area. The only downside of my property is that it is flat, very flat. However, I was able to save a few loads of fill dirt from when I had my basement waterproofed. I'll need more dirt in the future but this is a start. Anyway, I let the dirt piles sit over the winter so they could settle and do their own thing. Last week I started digging out Smiggy Creek. It will be a dry riverbed running through the middle of the park. There will be a bridge over Smiggy Creek in time.

13960437541_c34e8751e5_c.jpg

I should take this time to tell my intentions of this particular RC park. This will be a place to compliment my true to scale and somewhat capable vehicles. This isn't going to be a pile of rocks and logs for cwalrers. It's going to be some nice trails for dudes to get nerdy on. I love rules and regulations so there will be plenty to go around. No Wraiths, no Wronchos, no Lexan, no wrestling figures, no Jeeps.

I experimented with some leftover mortar and rocks today. I had an idea for a low maintenance rocky trail. I'll let you know how it turns out.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Cwalring Digest was about to do a 72 page write-up on the fall of Cwalring Monthly. I should check my sources.

Headquake

...at the H.O.P.
Its fun building stuff outside, i'm finally able to do some work in the yard here too now. Lots of plans.
Excited to see what you come up with for your new place.
orangechat

ps. Jeeps can be nice too.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Cwalring Digest was about to do a 72 page write-up on the fall of Cwalring Monthly. I should check my sources.
They can sell that unused space for Traxxas ads now.
Its fun building stuff outside, i'm finally able to do some work in the yard here too now. Lots of plans.
Excited to see what you come up with for your new place.
orangechat

ps. Jeeps can be nice too.
I love working outside, digging, planting things and collecting rocks. I guess that's why I enjoy my job. I really should focus on the inside of the house first but this nice weather is calling my name.

And Jeeps are welcome as long as they aren't Lexan. :cool:

crawl330h

I'd love to get some sort of area in my backyard going, but I'm about as creative as a dead slug. Where will the steakhouse go?

Sent using magic

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
No Wraiths, no Wronchos, no Lexan, no wrestling figures, no Jeeps.

So... dolls are ok as long as they aren't wrestlers? What about female mud wrestlers? No Lexan??? What about my 4Runner? You should station Mnt. Dew cans around the course at regular intervals for flex shot opportunities. I assume it's cool if I bring my Reutter Porzellan tea set.

That is a nice pile of dirt. I can tell you've been thinking about it's shape alot.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Oh yes there will be a bridge. Nothing like Wolf Dog Park for Turks though. I just don't have the skills for that.

Oh, and none of those smiling skateboarder figures are allowed either.

I'm going to need a full scale sign for all of these rules.

I played with some dirt and rocks today. I bought a handful of some little trees at a local discount store too. They were too scrawny for other people but perfect for little trucks.

ypy9u3uv.jpg

As a bonus they came inside birdhouses. Odd.

asytuhu5.jpg

I'd like to get a dozen more...birdhouses.