Volvo TP-21 Sugga

LoopOne

Yes! Looking fantastic. These are really fun vehicles to try and replicate. So many weird angles!
It feels like there has been at least two different designers doing it without any knowledge of what the other guys were doing... the body is a nice round shape, then somebody desided they dont't feel like bending metal anymore and just slapped the fenders on it.

Kear

Bleb
It feels like there has been at least two different designers doing it without any knowledge of what the other guys were doing... the body is a nice round shape, then somebody desided they dont't feel like bending metal anymore and just slapped the fenders on it.

Well that is kinda what happened! It's mostly just a Volvo PV800 Series body riding atop a truck frame! As such the fenders and hood are just quick, simple things. It's super easy to damage such areas on an off roader, so why bother making fancy curved panels when lightly shaped sheetmetal will do?

The basic civilian models are rather nice looking vehicles.

1954_Volvo_PV831_Sugga,_left_front_side_(Halmstad).jpg

Pictured is a 1954 PV831.

LoopOne

Well that is kinda what happened! It's mostly just a Volvo PV800 Series body riding atop a truck frame! As such the fenders and hood are just quick, simple things. It's super easy to damage such areas on an off roader, so why bother making fancy curved panels when lightly shaped sheetmetal will do?

The basic civilian models are rather nice looking vehicles.

View attachment 45831

Pictured is a 1954 PV831.
Thatā€™s nice! Friend had a PV544, looks kinda similar

LoopOne

Update:

Started on smaller details on the body
0zVeQx7.jpg

nqTPkWm.jpg

Few scale items
UoRgY73.jpg

NdKC9Ro.jpg

GKFWDwz.jpg

Maybe putting on some roof racks, dunno. Looks like it wants to go outside already.
VCphGof.jpg

Body is now attached to the chassis, so it's basically ready to drive. Just a few more things before I get to ruin it with paint :D

Frizzen

Very cool vehicle!
I love seeing how you managed to form and fill in all the sections that needed to be rounded out. All the body detayls just keep making it better.

I wasn't sure about the MadMax picture from the beginning, but seeing it was something more like a Staff Car makes a lot more sence.

RSRC

Supporting Member
Steller job on the body and accessories! Really great detail work in there.

May need another pic with the cat for final scale...

LoopOne

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it so far :giggle:

Bit the bullet and started on painting it finally. First I did a rust layer with different colors of primers until I had a mix of colors I was looking for. Going for a bit more weathered look on the body like in my inspiration pics. Doesn't have to be perfect as most of it will not be seen anyway:
2UN8PJm.jpg

NYpTsyG.jpg

First try on weathering and the body color on the jerry cans, works quite well imho. I sprayed the whole can with hair spray the added the body color on top. Then went over the whole thing with a wet tootbrush until I got this look:
8AnFLtu.jpg

DdhkKmB.jpg

8NW2ksa.jpg

Scary bit was doing the same on the body šŸ˜¬
AP266qC.jpg

Turned out pretty much like I had visioned it, I like it! Now adding scale items and details, there will be some yellow details on it (like door handles, race numbers on doors etc) to give some contrast on the worn out greenish paint.
XfnbZ6Q.jpg

mJGKYmD.jpg

Going for a shake down run today, let's see if it's driveable?