"U-turn" my garden trail

NewGuy

I'll always be a newbie
Now that's some yard work that really pays off... So cool.
The mudslide covering the defender was nice touch.

LargeEnt

Supporting Member
Really nice fence but don't let your daughter out of your site. She will crawl over or through that in a heartbeat. Mine was crawling (just realized I had a crawler 40 years ago) out of her crib at 9 months!

klako

Supporting Member
Thank you all for those last kind comments ;)

I made a covered bridge the few past week ends :

Still have to arrange details around it but here we are :

Vegetation grew up since my last update, so here are more shots from different views :

klako

Supporting Member
Love the new bridge! U turn is looking amazing. Can I ask what did you use for the roof material on the bridge?

Thanks, i used 1:32 farm building plastic sheets to make the roof (I bought them by ebay : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Masons-Attic-MAS002-White-Ribbed-Silding-Plastic-Sheet-1-32-Farm-buildings/222658394848?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20170831090034%26meid%3D279da5e26a1a43d1ae04892f373eefde%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D222658395194%26itm%3D222658394848&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851)
For the bridge i needed 11 sheets for 40$ cost approx.

Cheers

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I'm not sure it's big enough. ;)

Looking really great sir. Keep up the creative work. Love the covered bridge.

klako

Supporting Member
I'm not sure it's big enough. ;)

Looking really great sir. Keep up the creative work. Love the covered bridge.

Thank you, here we go again ;)

In June i weeded around the hill and spread limestone gravel so no more need to mow :

The same month i made a surprise to my wife and we slept in this tree hut :

Then i decided to make a tiny one for U-turn :

It has to be build in 2 parts to assemble it around the tree :

After i had to build the roof which i made with rubber sheet and a kind of brushwood screen on top :

When the night comes :

And fish say hellooo :

2Beers

It's me again.
Very nice.

I really like the layout and how well it all comes together.
Gives me a ton of ideas I'd like to copy. Very inspirational.

I want to come play in your sandbox....hehhehehe.

klako

Supporting Member
Thank you 2Beers, you are welcome when you want :biggthumpup:

Just a few night shots i just took, sorry for bad quality but it gives an idea of how it looks right now !

2Beers

It's me again.
Beautiful.

I also get a lot of snow. (south east Idaho usa) I'm curious as to how much work is involved in keeping the structure's out side in the element's.
Lot's of fixing and repairs ?
My area is partially protected under huge pine tree's But I get a lot of tree sap on ground. one down fall.

I will be dedicating this spring/summer and early fall to building and working on (whiskey hill)
This really brings on the inspiration to get going back on it.
Great thread.

klako

Supporting Member
Beautiful.

I also get a lot of snow. (south east Idaho usa) I'm curious as to how much work is involved in keeping the structure's out side in the element's.
Lot's of fixing and repairs ?
My area is partially protected under huge pine tree's But I get a lot of tree sap on ground. one down fall.

I will be dedicating this spring/summer and early fall to building and working on (whiskey hill)
This really brings on the inspiration to get going back on it.
Great thread.

Thank you !

It doesn't involve so much care. The most care it needs is removing weeds, most of the time at spring and autumn, and if you do it regularly (15 mins per week) it's not a big deal. If your area is under a big pine tree you shouldn't have troubles with that.

For the pond the filter is switched off during cold period and i wash it every 2 weeks when it is on.

As i have a dirt hill i think it is important to plant trees, the roots keep the dirt in place.

For the structures (houses, station etc) they are planned to be outside so i try to use material that will last.I place gravel under each so the water can't stay under when it rains so it doesn't rot. It is preferable to screw everything than to use glue (with the temperature variations it won't last for years). I used neoprene glue to fix the roof tiles and because of the birds that comes on it i have sometimes to glue them back but not often.

So don't hesitate to strike out and to me most of the enchantment comes when things live outside through the seasons ;)

Cheers !

klako

Supporting Member
A year ago i bought in a second hand fair a kind of fiber resin river for pond for 1?? A sunny (almost) spring day motivated me to install it and to renew the river.

Before :

The new river thing, which has a bigger volume for water, allowing more cwalring possibilities :

You may notice that the hanging bridge has disappeared, a lot of wood was rotten, i will probably rebuild one some day :

Slate gravel to prettify :

Here is a small vid to hear and see the "spring water" :

Small Factory

Fancy-Walkin'
This is very inspirational. So well done.

A very nice size as well. I need to begin a project like this. I have more than enough room...