trail finder 2 3 Link problems

Stygeon

Hello all, I am new to the rc scene but I have taken in a lot of information from all over the web. I bought a used RC truck that was kind of a Trail finder 2 chassis with a link suspension and a f350 high lifter body. With a lot of trial and error I have gotten an almost proper 3 link in the front setup working but my steering is flexing the suspension. Any ideas or threads to look up that will help. Thanks.

3DME_RC

When you say you have a near propper three link I’m assuming that also includes a pan hard bar? If not then you could try adding one and if so maybe you could try reversing the the servo and steering knuckles. I will say that I’m not an expert just saying what I think might work.

Last edited:

SurlyBurly

Some day I'll be both revered & passe like Madonna
Can you elaborate on "flexing" you suspension? Is it compressing your suspension, or is shifting the alignment of the chassis over the axle?

Caprinut

With 3 link you got to have a panhard.
The panhard should have the same angle as the steering link and the same length for both.

Stygeon

With 3 link you got to have a panhard.
The panhard should have the same angle as the steering link and the same length for both.
Maybe that's the issue, I will try making a setup where the length matches. My panhard bar is slightly longer.