Tire suggestions?

z381472

Look for a more vintage 1970 scale looking 1.9 tire that is still trail capable?
Thank you for any ideas you might have.

Kear

Bleb
What vehicle are they going on?

The 1970s was still a little before true "off road" tires were common outside a few types.

The RC4WD 1.9 Hawkeyes are based on STA Traxions of a sort, at least to my knowledge.

The RC4WD 1.9 Mud Thrashers aren't too far off from STA Super Lugs

And although they're a 1.55 the RC4WD TSL Narrows closely resemble the original version of the Super Swamper from the early 1970s.

RC4WD also offers the interco ground hawg II in a 1.9 and it resembles earlier mud terrain tires from the 70s era.

There is also the classic NDT which is made by RC4WD as the DUKW and by Pitbull as the Temco NDT.

I can't speak for the preformance of any of these aside from the 1.55 Narrow TSLs, but they'd all roughly fit the 70s time period to my knowledge.

z381472

What vehicle are they going on?

The 1970s was still a little before true "off road" tires were common outside a few types.

The RC4WD 1.9 Hawkeyes are based on STA Traxions of a sort, at least to my knowledge.

The RC4WD 1.9 Mud Thrashers aren't too far off from STA Super Lugs

And although they're a 1.55 the RC4WD TSL Narrows closely resemble the original version of the Super Swamper from the early 1970s.

RC4WD also offers the interco ground hawg II in a 1.9 and it resembles earlier mud terrain tires from the 70s era.

There is also the classic NDT which is made by RC4WD as the DUKW and by Pitbull as the Temco NDT.

I can't speak for the preformance of any of these aside from the 1.55 Narrow TSLs, but they'd all roughly fit the 70s time period to my knowledge.
The 1969-1960 VS-10 Scout Body.
Thank you for the info, I'll investigate.

Frederik

Supporting Member
I really like the looks of the SDI scale doctors, they are not too big and have a proper sidewall buldge shape I find realistic. They are quite good for all around traction, even in the snow I was pretty surprised by that. but they don't look period correct enough for the 60s though. Do you have some reference pictures of what you are after, and what overall diameter you would like?

Kear suggested some good options, the hawkeye and dukw I think look good.

Z-T0011-6.jpg

Z-T0162-6.jpg

And these ones, maybe too tall though:

Z-T0141-5.jpg

Here is a link of the SDI (scale design international) scale doctors, and a pic on my hilux:

sJgxvSRh.jpg