Scale Workshop and tools

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Wow. More scale goodness.

What is that blue strap material called.

:hmmm: I think the correct translation should be : "flat nylon webbing", its about 8mm / 0,314" large -- you should find it at sport climbing shops --- or -- I just recognize or realize that you live near a "bigger water." ... in marinas, at surf- diveshops or Yacht suppliers...

It's my "tree safer" for winching....;)

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Thanx. And me, having been in the marine business for a long time. I never knew. :blush:

Think these webbings are used tu strap things together.... (like collecting pitons...)
Was only an idea, that it could be also useful in the water - sports. No blushing neccessary... :angel: :laugh:

LRTd5

Supporting Member
...was pretty surprised when I came in the scale shop ... and saw the stillage....

:hmmm:only explanation ... "Little Buddy" hacked my paypal ... and ordered something for the shop....

046_2Werkstatt_zps2d36fc34.jpg

well --- I wasn't that angry ... when I saw what it was, and when "LB" presented the new aluminium jacks

047_2Werkstatt_zpsa1c7e34e.jpg

048_2Werkstatt_zps7bd7f845.jpg

Regards

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Ok -- here ist the reason, why the other projects are a little bit starving.

"Little Buddy" wanted to be prepared for the upcoming weekend boat event in France....
and took his SPORTFISHER in the shop....

some minor fixings and maintenance things , since she stood a little bit dusty in the "barn" ....

WAHOOIILWB001_zps2f11815b.jpg

WAHOOIILWB002_zps5bb136ff.jpg

WAHOOIILWB003_zpsb84ebfc9.jpg

WAHOOIILWB004_zpsd32d42e6.jpg

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Thanks for the kind words ....

"Build Credits" go to a friend. He scratch built this boat....and sold it to me, after only one 5min test run some years ago --- and started the next build ....:laughing:

Since then, "she" stood in my room as kind of a decoration and I never run her ....because I allways wanted to "improve" some minor things, before I wanted to set the boat again in the water..Well ... these "things" are still to do .... (you know -- sooo many started projects -- even more "next and over over next projects...)

Nevertheless -- this weekend is a ship-model meeting in France with some easy people .... and I decided that it's time to take her again in the water ...

When this is done -- and I have hopefully some nice "water-shots" I can start a thread in the proper section ... since I have most of the building pics ...

Up to this point it was only an additional view in the world of "Little Buddy" and his "scale work shop" and what is "inside" ....

::D:

Regards

LRTd5

Supporting Member
'Scratch built'?!?! So nice!:drooler:

Well --- :hmmm: "Scratch Build" -- think thats the term, when you start with drawing a plan in 1/10 ,later collecting some sheets of wood, poly, some rods and a lot of fibre and resin ....some metal .... ok -- the alumium outboards are from KEHRER --- powered by some 4s LiPos...but the rest is selfmade

If I get the permission to use the picks ,(still waiting for an answer) you will see some of the building steps ....

Total length of this baby is (ancre to prop) over 120cm =~48 inches ::D:
( so its not really a "Wellcraft Scarab 30 sport -- more a mixture between the 30 and the 35.also between the Sport and the Tournament....)

lespaul4x4

V.I.P. Member
Rolling into the forum,i found this....i stay with no words....
very nice workshop!!!
i like all pics while the figure open the winch from the pallet....
look awesome!!!::bigdrool

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Rolling into the forum,i found this....i stay with no words....
very nice workshop!!!
i like all pics while the figure open the winch from the pallet....
look awesome!!!::bigdrool

:blush: Thank you....

Well -- Do "Little Buddy" and me like scale whinches ?

::D:

YES

....here is the new acquisition from shapeways for the Landy 90 Pick Up

049_2Werkstatt_zps5fd9169f.jpg

050_2Werkstatt_zpsc56355da.jpg

051_2Werkstatt_zps8ac1eaaf.jpg

052_2Werkstatt_zps8853fb31.jpg

053_2Werkstatt_zps7bb4d9c1.jpg

054_2Werkstatt_zps05df4410.jpg

055_2Werkstatt_zps510d4880.jpg

Regards