Scale Workshop and tools

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Bored, to take photos on my unarranged 1/1 workbench, I decided to built a 1/10 model of a messily scaleshop.
Started with some furniture from plywood and pine...

001_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsf12ada7e.jpg

002_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsc9f951c6.jpg

003_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsbe644e06.jpg

004_LWBSCALESHOP_zpscc866928.jpg

005_LWBSCALESHOP_zps79027077.jpg

006_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsb1dd6883.jpg

007_LWBSCALESHOP_zps404e2e63.jpg

008_LWBSCALESHOP_zps363d3ccb.jpg

009_LWBSCALESHOP_zps15449af8.jpg

010_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsfb830235.jpg

011_LWBSCALESHOP_zps35efddaa.jpg

012_LWBSCALESHOP_zps133a28a7.jpg

015_LWBSCALESHOP_zps8d144410.jpg

014_LWBSCALESHOP_zps7bbd824c.jpg

Until now, its not a fixed diorama, so i can change the setup, depending the purpose. More will come.

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Thank's Andr?.

A Workshop needs of cause some tools. I started with a Bucksaw and a twohands - crowbar made from brass.
Started with bending and cutting some brass rods...

001SaumlgeMediumMedium_zps9ca1709f.jpg

002StemmeisenMediumMedium_zps0269015f.jpg

003SaumlgeMediumMedium_zpscb253db4.jpg

016_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsca5e7bbf.jpg

017_LWBSCALESHOP_zps8a0bca5e.jpg

018_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsfb00ba1d.jpg

To make it functional, I used a small "real" sawblade...

019_LWBSCALESHOP_zpsaf36b260.jpg

Needs some colour to finish it --- perhaps this week-end ...

Regards Wolf

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
Wow! Cool stuff. I like how the scale plywood looks, I've used hobby shop plywood for other things but never thought of using it for actual scale plywood.... duh.

Tools are fantastic too. Great idea on the saw blade. What's the story on the vice?

I noticed your little guy has all the neccessary tools for proper garage work. He needs a fridge though.

Keg_zps81a6f44e.jpg

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Wow -- It's nice to get a compliment from one of the" -- "scale-accessory-building-masters" here! :bowdown:

Thank's alot.

Oooh -- and the Idea with the fridge is great! -- Yes, I should make the little guy happy before summer is coming. :beerchug:

Concerning the vice -- I think you mean this:

IMG_0442Medium_zpsbda7db07.jpg

it is fully functional and made of steel !! -- but I didn't built this myself.
I will try to remember / find out from whrere I bought it -- perhaps ten years ago.
I love these small "pieces of art" and collect them, when ever I find them.

I will keep this in my mind and will give You an information

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Thank you, Kevin

--- since your first steps at your first "scale garage" and the first pics of the precious items, you have done for yours,
I knew that I also need such a "doll house" for my cars and scale stuff...

And well -- it's also a lot of fun to build these things.

Next step:

Parcel brought a new item two weeks ago...

002alloywinch_zps02da6d05.jpg

003alloywinch_zps56956f1d.jpg

004alloywinch_zpsd9c6bd2a.jpg

005alloywinch_zps807f9695.jpg

006alloywinch_zpsf5eefc89.jpg

Compared to the "old" 3Racing winch

007alloywinch_zpsb81370b2.jpg

008alloywinch_zps866087cb.jpg

009alloywinch_zps9ec76555.jpg

Greetings
Wolf

LRTd5

Supporting Member
Wow! Cool stuff. I like how the scale plywood looks, I've used hobby shop plywood for other things but never thought of using it for actual scale plywood.... duh.

Tools are fantastic too. Great idea on the saw blade. What's the story on the vice?

I noticed your little guy has all the neccessary tools for proper garage work. He needs a fridge though.

Keg_zps81a6f44e.jpg

I think that I rediscovered the shop, where I found the vice. But seems, that it isn't in the current program.
Perhaps You like the "new" ....

http://www.holz-liebe.de/index.php?...id=14&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=52&lang=de

or the other stuff, they sell .... "Tool Time" ...... :rock:

http://www.holz-liebe.de/index.php?...=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=52&lang=de

http://www.holz-liebe.de/

Wasn't a good idea, to rediscover this side .....so many nice parts ..... :mecry:

Greetings
Wolf

H

homer

where might a guy find a winch like that red one?? mines getting a little worn out..

LRTd5

Supporting Member
where might a guy find a winch like that red one?? mines getting a little worn out..

Mine comes direct from a guy in china -- "direct imported" from a chinese private seller on my own risk...
found the winch by "hassard", while "stumbling" through the pics on an Asian forum, since I don't understand or can read any Asian language. After my order -- I had to wait more or less patiently several month ....:rant:

Because I don't want offend one of the Canadian or American dealers / sellers where I am ever been a happy and satisfied customer, I don't want to suggest one special. But when you search the net for " topcad alloy winch", You will find easily severel sellers ....It seems, that Topcad don't sell direct to private buyers --- I tried it several times to come into contact with them...

I try to be fair with posting names or adresses whrere I buy/ or bought my stuff -- when there is, as I know, only one vendor or provider, I post a name or an adress , but if there are more, I left the choice to others. Hope this is ok.

Cheers
Wolf

H

homer

you guys are great... I love the scale builders guild... im building a D90 and have gotten some great advice from all of you .. THANKS ALOT

LRTd5

Supporting Member
"something" that might be interesting for those, who don't have that much place for their hobby -- like me:

As written before, "the shop" is not fixed, as I use it only as a kind of photo-booth and not as a storage place for a model.
For all the cars ,it would be much too small ....like at most of you.

The second floor / rack is connected with small neodym-magents , when it's not in use, it needs nearly no place....at the other side, I need only seconds to fix it.

036_2Werkstatt_zps55164c1c.jpg

037_2Werkstatt_zps7fb6cade.jpg

038_2Werkstatt_zps4a1218ce.jpg

...and all parts connected

039_2Werkstatt_zpsa16952fd.jpg

the connecting points at the ladder as well as at all my other glued wooden furnitures are strengthend by small pieces of brass rod. So -- they can take some weight

040_2Werkstatt_zpscde69935.jpg

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
Great stuff! Thanks for the links, leave it to the Germans to make cool little stuff. They had a great selection of tools, reasonably priced too. You have some great ideas.

D

DOLPHENWULF

You're one talented dude. You remind me of one of those guys who made the buildings for old godzilla movies.