Out with my sg4 demon

HanShotFirst

Took my cross rc sg4 out. It’s got some unusual quirks but I like it. It’s got an scx10.2 skid, links, and axles. I’ve got it to sit a bit lower but it still flops over like a full size bronco on a windy day. Either way it’s a fun truck and looks cool.

Thanks for watching!

Mikes tiny shed of dreams

Everything is covered in goop
Nice video, it looks like a good performer. How are the axles holding up? I read somewhere they are prone to breaking? Also, where did you find the slot mag wheels?

HanShotFirst

Thanks for watching and commenting! The stock axles on these are iffy to say the least. I switched them out for axial ar44 axles front and back and it’s been a better truck since. The wheels are gear head 1.55 slots. They are a one piece rim that requires gluing the bead. I got them from Rcmart.com

HanShotFirst

Just that my truck is a gen 1 sg4 and that the quality of materials was lacklustre. I understand that the portal trucks, (at4, jt4) had nice improvements, for one they went with a properly triangulated suspension where as the demon trucks (sg4, sp4, su4) have a let’s say an unusual design. The quality of plastic in my truck was especially disappointing. I had pieces break in my hands while assembling it (I’ve since built other trucks and successfully put them together without breaking pieces so I don’t think it’s me but you never know). The plastic seemed very brittle and “glassy” like it was formed with a low quality of resin. I hope your truck treats you well, I’d say have fun with it.