Now Build This! Some cool inspiration

ItsTooBright!

They shoot canoes don't they?
Well somebody built this from scratch and didn't need me to suggest it! It's a go big or go home deal. Here's a biggie - a 1:3 scale Tyrell Ford 6 wheeler....and it's for sale!

View attachment 53711
Incredible! Sold for $22,000 on BaT!
Looks like there might be some sketchy building though
image.png

Look in the bottom left corner, the tie rod has unthreaded itself and you can see that only the very tip threaded into the rod end! With all that weight behind it, it could be a real disaster on the track! (not that anyone would really buy this to use it though, most likely just a shelf queen)

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
Incredible! Sold for $22,000 on BaT!
Looks like there might be some sketchy building though
image.png

Look in the bottom left corner, the tie rod has unthreaded itself and you can see that only the very tip threaded into the rod end! With all that weight behind it, it could be a real disaster on the track! (not that anyone would really buy this to use it though, most likely just a shelf queen)
Yes, I see. I'm guessing it "worked" but was not optimal and perhaps the owner got tired of trying to get it exactly right - the almost inevitable build fatigue that can kick in when your 95% there.

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
How about a Scout with some Scoot to it! This a surprising taker on the old International Harvester Scout.
Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.58.16 PM.jpg

The link is here:

ItsTooBright!

They shoot canoes don't they?
A very cool resto mod 67 Mustang being photo bombed by some Elk. Not sure why the elk are so interested in the car, but they need to be rounded up.

View attachment 54114

View attachment 54115

View attachment 54116

View attachment 54117

The link is here:
What the heck is going on with these pictures?!?!? Everything about them is confusing, the strange human hand looking things in the background, the wierd modern concrete shapes and the elk that miraculously get enormous in the last picture. Nice Mustang though.

imthejaybird

I'm here...
What the heck is going on with these pictures?!?!? Everything about them is confusing, the strange human hand looking things in the background, the wierd modern concrete shapes and the elk that miraculously get enormous in the last picture. Nice Mustang though.
It was the Joe Rogan emblem for me....

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
I enjoy discovering car culture in places where you don't expect there to be much of it. This looks like a fun possibility for a build!
Jeep Hotrod Philippino Style.jpg

Here's the link:

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
Here's a later generation Celica wide body along the lines of the monster that made a big noise in IMSA GT racing. I think what appeals to me most is the simplicity of body lines such that I look at it and think, "I could build that." I won't be doing that since I have too many unfinished builds waiting for me to carve out some time for them, but hopefully someone else might get inspired.

francesco-artusato-psx-20240321-011654.jpg

The link is here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VJPrYN