Now Build This! Some cool inspiration

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
I check out some design forums for inspiration and have found some great inspiration on this website below as well as carbodydesign.com and coroflot.com. There are lots of aspiring designers out there and some are great and some, well, they have a ways to go, but I love some of the mash ups that appear. Some are 3D and some are side profiles like this link. Some cool mashups recently posted by this particular designer.

2Beers

It's me again.
Great share,
Lots of cool ideas for sure.
I love the custom rat rods and unique vehicles builds for sure.
::2thumbs

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
Oh, but wait! There's more. This probably ranks as the Ultimate Rat Rod Grocery Getter! Rick Newberry's 1957 Rat Rod Nomad - actually it's a 57 Bel Air Wagon (4 door) that has been chopped to look like a Nomad. A Frankenstein aesthetic pervades this one. Not sure the Mrs. would want to ride in it unless you buy her a fur coat because it's a little too well ventilated.

1957 RatRod Wagon 1.png

1957chevywagonratrod07.jpg

1957chevywagonratrod01.jpg

And it goes too!

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
I hope you folks find some inspiration with these. I wish I had time to build them, but I am also happy to watch someone else build something too. The French equivalent of the Volkswagon Beetle as the Citroen 2 CV, and quirky but very innovative car in the same spirit as the bug. What you have here is a 2CV rod with the body added to a frame with a Chevy V8. I love the coke can paint and graphics!

2CV Rod.jpg

Here's the link to the full post.

This same builder has done similar outrageous things with a Porsche 911! Say it ain't so Herman! To add insult to injury he put a Bentley V8 in it! This might have to be brought up at the UN.

Porsche-911-Bentley-V8-Turbo-Hot-Rod-Alexandre-Danton-3-scaled.jpg

Nonetheless, we cannot let old Porsches and Bentley's go to waste! Here's the thread for it.

Here's another similar creation by the same builder. There's certainly a cringe factor for purist, but on the other hand this may be the solution for a shell that is not worth the full restoration but you'd like to build something you could have fun with. Mr. Danton certainly seems to be having fun!
Enjoy!

Danton Arts Porsche 911 Coupe.jpg

Kear

Bleb
As someone 158% tired of the trend of old Porsches being given full "fresh off the dealer lot" restorations and boring samey restomods, I quite enjoy the idea of completely ruining one into a front engine rat rod.

Now in my own contribution to your lovely thread, I am going to ruin it with this.

Lada-Riva-with-Four-Engines-01-600x254.jpg

Garage 54's 4 engine-d Lada.
Is it fast? Yes, sort of. It is faster than stock.
Is it powerful? It's a Lada.
Is it good to look at? Please see the previous answer.
Why are the "front" wheels bigger than the front wheels? because they are.

Why should someone built it? They probably shouldn't, but it would be a fantastic exercise in detailing scale engines.

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
As someone 158% tired of the trend of old Porsches being given full "fresh off the dealer lot" restorations and boring samey restomods, I quite enjoy the idea of completely ruining one into a front engine rat rod.

Now in my own contribution to your lovely thread, I am going to ruin it with this.

View attachment 44872

Garage 54's 4 engine-d Lada.
Is it fast? Yes, sort of. It is faster than stock.
Is it powerful? It's a Lada.
Is it good to look at? Please see the previous answer.
Why are the "front" wheels bigger than the front wheels? because they are.

Why should someone built it? They probably shouldn't, but it would be a fantastic exercise in detailing scale engines.
Garage 54 is crazy! I've watched a few of there videos. Seems like Vodka flows like parts cleaner. Maybe they use it for both! I agree, aside from engine details the rest is not so terribly inpiring, but it sure looks like they had fun.

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
Who cares that you can't see out the front windshield very much. No need to move objects out of the way. Just run them over!