New, first post looking for help with bodies.

As the title says, im new to this whole concept of the hobby, i come from a world of racing and this is my first attempt at scale building.
I picked up a scx10.2 for a cheap price rtr , and came with a body but not a fan of it. it was a proline deadbolt type of body. i just find the detail rather lacking and not cutting it, plus its the wrong color and i cant change that being a lexan body.

I love ford vehicles and really wanted a older style bronco, proline made a 1966 Ford Bronco but i believe this has been discountinued.
So after alot of research i discovered i really cant seem to find what i want with searching for a bronco that i feel like will do what i want, so i started looking around on ebay and discovered a green Injora jeep body that has my interest, and price is pretty solid from what i can see, includes a interior which i probably would customize as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1335991818...LJw%2B%2Ffxg1P%2FNQT|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

I really seem to like the hard body concept of things but not sure if this is the best way to go due to weight or try to find a lexan body and paint it from the inside like i would one of my race rigs.

Any input on body types would be greatly appreciated as i am 100% clueless to what im doing with this project :)

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
If you're looking to up your scale accuracy game, weight should be the last thing you worry about.

A lot of great things can be done with Lexan, but hard bodies are best. Make sure that the wheelbase matches, or at least be prepared to adjust your rear links.

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Hi chrispatrickrc. I too am pretty new to all this. From what I have picked up, find yourself a vehicle you like (hopefully one with some sort of hardbody available) and find good reference pictures preferably with plenty of detail. Then do some planning and stick to it. :biggthumpup:
My current build is a mix of lexan and 3d printing. The techniques are not new or brilliant but my ‘experimental’ build was always about me finding my way into the hobby.

SlowCrawlRC

V.I.P. Member
Hey,

My car has huge trunk, never measured but I am guessing 4 or 5 bodies will fit….

Oh, I guess I should read the entire thread first. Just kidding….or am I?

Most of my scratch building is with rc aircraft, but lately I have been buying Styrene and MEK.
ImThatGuy is really the Yoda of this community!

1) follow his build threads
2) watch his YouTube channel (Scale Builder’s Guild)
3) Be entertained (He is Funny!)

and then, you too will be at the local hobby store (LHS henceforth) buying supplies!

Sincerely,
SlowCrawlRc

P.S. I’m not kidding!

zanthrax

Supporting Member

I just googled "lexan bronco", some of those might be discontinued but that doesn't mean some online store does not have them laying around, I'd start by looking up part numbers on eBay, Google Shopping and Amazon.

As for 3D printing, I find that Cults3D yields the best results when searching for printable bodies.

Last edited:

Willezcr8

Supporting Member
Personally, I think the Vaterra Bronco seems to have the best proportions other than the Tamiya Bronco. It's quite large also which would be a more scale appearance on the SCX10 ii.
VTR03031I.jpg

tumblr_o9rikiql6v1toxmfko1_1280.jpg

Hey,

My car has huge trunk, never measured but I am guessing 4 or 5 bodies will fit….

Oh, I guess I should read the entire thread first. Just kidding….or am I?

Most of my scratch building is with rc aircraft, but lately I have been buying Styrene and MEK.
ImThatGuy is really the Yoda of this community!

1) follow his build threads
2) watch his YouTube channel (Scale Builder’s Guild)
3) Be entertained (He is Funny!)

and then, you too will be at the local hobby store (LHS henceforth) buying supplies!

Sincerely,
SlowCrawlRc

P.S. I’m not kidding!
already a sub of scale builders guild, and i also do youtube videos, hints my user name :)

im just not sure what direction i want to go with.

Metalfishguy

I have bought one of the Injora Jeep bodies (Jeep 1/2 cab truggy) and here is what I have found,

1) Front grill plastic/mounting is fragile. I fixed that by melting short staples to the inside of the body and coating in a slurry.
2) Side mirrors snap off on any roll over. Before paint cut the mounting stem flush to inside of the body, remove and drill for a small thread screw and used a button cap screw with a washer as a good solution. Paint the screw and washer the same as the interior.
3) If you hate assembling Ikea furniture, the instructions for this are worse.

That being said I have put by body threw hell and its still holding up.

Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted on what you do.

I have bought one of the Injora Jeep bodies (Jeep 1/2 cab truggy) and here is what I have found,

1) Front grill plastic/mounting is fragile. I fixed that by melting short staples to the inside of the body and coating in a slurry.
2) Side mirrors snap off on any roll over. Before paint cut the mounting stem flush to inside of the body, remove and drill for a small thread screw and used a button cap screw with a washer as a good solution. Paint the screw and washer the same as the interior.
3) If you hate assembling Ikea furniture, the instructions for this are worse.

That being said I have put by body threw hell and its still holding up.

Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted on what you do.
i still havnt found really want i want yet... I really want a bronco but cant seem to find what i want. I really like the idea of having a open cab design with roll bars and making more like a baja vehicle, but i cant seem to find ANYTHING near this.... because the old proline bronco that was that design is discontinued and cant seem to find it anywhere, Axial just released a version but that would be 250$ ish to build there new version, which i like it, but its lexan instead of a hard body, so im sure it would show wear and tear.