My first weathering-Pro-Line Bronco

VisionaryRC

Some kid on the internet
So I decided to finally give weathering a try on this Pro-Line Bronco. Sprayed the black for the fender flares and window trim first. 2C93168A-4FA2-46B1-B08B-C167E588B26D.jpeg

VisionaryRC

Some kid on the internet
How rusty are you going to go? Like holes in the rocker panels or some mild surface rust?
I’m going for a mild surface rust look, bit of rust poking through, bit of silver showing through scratches.
It'll turn out great. I'm really good at messing paint up :laughing:
I figure, if I can’t make paint look nice, perhaps I can make it took bad to begin with!

Mr. T

I'm excited to see this turn out. I get excited when painting and do too much all at once, haven't tried weathering myself. But my Phoenix isn't painted yet and my girlfriend suggested that i make it look old. That paint is on the outside right? What chassis is this body going to be put on?

3DME_RC

This is very impressive but please stop teasing me by showing off you vs4-10. I can’t afford one yet. It’s unfair.

just kidding leave it. I’ll just admire. :drooler:

RSRC

Supporting Member
Looks good to me :biggthumpup:

Put me in the camp of really liking the areas that had the overspray. Looks like proper sun bleached paint going through the top coat and the primer. I know next to nothing about weathering but I think you've got it about right, it seems very easy to go too far and end up with an unrealistic amount of rust.