Made a (large) scale penny

TLC

Scaled, but not fishy.
This post makes no "cents" to me............ ;) :loll::biggthumpup:

In all seriousness though, very nice job on the penny. Did you weather it, or is that the natural copper oxidised finish?............:laughing::laugh:

Frizzen

*jaw drop*

That's a really well made penny. It looks great! I love how you even got the patina to look like it's been getting handled for years

The MSD box is kinda ok too, is the wiring harness still in the box?

RSRC

Supporting Member
This post makes no "cents" to me............ ;) :loll::biggthumpup:

In all seriousness though, very nice job on the penny. Did you weather it, or is that the natural copper oxidised finish?............:laughing::laugh:
Okay, okay, you got me. I wasn't being completely honest. I didn't machine the penny out of copper... ::awwcrap

I machined it from a piece of 6" aluminum round stock. :biggthumpup: I then painted and weathered it with a careful combination of air brushing, dry brushing, and an old spray can of copper gasket seal. I shudder to think how much a piece of copper stock that large would have cost...

*jaw drop*

That's a really well made penny. It looks great! I love how you even got the patina to look like it's been getting handled for years

The MSD box is kinda ok too, is the wiring harness still in the box?
Thank you, I strive for excellence when I make giant coins.

Some fool cut the harness out of the MSD, can't see it in the picture, but there's a hole on the end of the box where it came out. I suppose a guy could run new wires out of it if he was going to use it though... Kind of odd paint on this one too, little bit of metallic flake in it. Almost like MSD ran out of the correct red that day and just used the closest paint they had on hand...