Idaho's "Rocky River Farms".... and Trails. My journey for a back yard RC world

Frederik

Supporting Member
Looks great Ron, the awesome work continues! I just saw your youtube vid but for some reason it is listed as ?for kids? so comments are turned off :) so I came here to comment lol It is a nice compilation of your work on this project!::2thumbs

Halme

V.I.P. Member
Such inspirating and beautiful place what you have created! I want to build small buildings, too!

This brings me back to the time what I have never lived but have so many memories! :lol:

You rock my friend!

2Beers

It's me again.
Looks great Ron, the awesome work continues! I just saw your youtube vid but for some reason it is listed as ?for kids? so comments are turned off :) so I came here to comment lol It is a nice compilation of your work on this project!::2thumbs

Thanks. I suck at Vids and the youtube uploads no doubts.ahahahaa
Think it's fixed now though.
Appreciate the heads up.

Such inspirating and beautiful place what you have created! I want to build small buildings, too!

This brings me back to the time what I have never lived but have so many memories! :lol:

You rock my friend!

Thank you Halme.
I hope you do get to creating. I need more Ideas to barrow.;):laughing:
Your barn is still bringing the Inspiration for me, and hope to be constructing one shortly too.

Todays journeys hopefully may bring more green plants.
I still want and need more rocks to add and I'll be grabbing a load hear and their to add still.
Already pondering another 40 yards of dirt next spring to head North down the tree line. ::D:
It's turning into a labor of love.
All in All I'm pretty happy with the last two months progress.
Thanks for looking and all the encouragements everyone.
On Wards And UP Wards. ::2thumbs

2Beers

It's me again.
I did get a few things for plants moved and transplanted from around my property.::2thumbs
4 Baby pine trees...not dwarfs so it should be interesting to see what they do.
Some small flowers, strawberry's, Moss and Probably some invasive weeds.:laughing:

And later in the day, started another structure to drive threw.;)
IMG_2564.jpg

Todays goal is to clean up all the clutter and junk around the back 2 sides of Bully Barn to prepare it for a L shaped Deck I'll be starting in a few days.
::2thumbs

2Beers

It's me again.
::2thumbs;)
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg

The plants seem to already love the spot...Some baby sage brush still in shock though,
First flowers...Yay! Happy wife.....Happy life ;) :laughing:
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg

And Can you envision a small deck to kick back on ?
Clutter cleaned up....check.
Be safe, Best wishes and thanks for the peeps everyone.

IMG_2569.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Free water fountain.;)
IMG_2570.jpg
Awesome high horse power pump hid inside it;)
This baby puts it out, when you put the peddle down.:laughing:
IMG_2571.jpg
Led Lights ;)
I'm sure these can be incorporated in somewhere.
like 15 of them with an ire glow.
AC/DC...ya, they rock!:laughing:..wait that says AC/AC bumber!
IMG_2572.jpg

Wait....crap,::awwcrap Looks like MORE WORK for a water feature that needs added now.....ugh
::awwcrap::awwcrap::awwcrap::awwcrap:whatwhat::confused:
research time.

2Beers

It's me again.
One thing about my neighbors and where I live.
Word gets around quickly...Bess to keep it positive and good ;):laughing:
That being said, I was told I could have more flowers that come back every year If I came and dug them up.
That's what a feller did and got them transplanted.
::2thumbs
Getting some green variety now.

They all like the started rock garden...Blank look on the structure though and what I'm up to with them.
:laughing:
Keep em guessing too I will.;):laughing: hahahaaaa.
Pics later today.

Frizzen

Seeing the short covered-bridge pic next to the really long timber-frame bridge has a guy thinking that later it may be pretty cool if the town decided it needed a really long covered-bridge. Before you start having people over, ya might also want to put together some kinda "if you hit this, you'll hit bridges and buildings" warning to make them drive through to check trucks.

Love how well the deteriorated buildings and Model Ts work with the scenery!
It all looks killer, and i'm glad the neighbors are helpful, even if they don't quite get it.

2Beers

It's me again.
Seeing the short covered-bridge pic next to the really long timber-frame bridge has a guy thinking that later it may be pretty cool if the town decided it needed a really long covered-bridge. Before you start having people over, ya might also want to put together some kinda "if you hit this, you'll hit bridges and buildings" warning to make them drive through to check trucks.

Love how well the deteriorated buildings and Model Ts work with the scenery!
It all looks killer, and i'm glad the neighbors are helpful, even if they don't quite get it.

Thanks Frizz
The little bridge still may get turned into a separate standing structure.. I can't make up mind on it yet.ahahaaa
I hear ya on the Rules and Regulation signs too. Those will be winter time bench details no doubts to make.
I too also enjoy seeing the old time junk strewn about. Worked out pretty well Is my thoughts.
I want to make some more pickups and parts too, possibly more farm equipment also.;)

My trails are turning more into a Flower Rock garden but things are taking hold and Looking great.
My wife is elated anyways.:laughing:

IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg

I was able to blow the right of this picture up and start a simple waterfall area before the winds got ridiculous.
I need to pick up pond liner and wash all the rocks removed for the basics starts though.
Hope to hit the River (Snake River) and get some gravel and large river rocks in the next day or two.
IMG_2577.jpg
Looking forward to go buy the boards for the deck area behind the barn this weekend and get it constructed.::2thumbs
Enjoy and thanks for looking.
More soon.

SurlyBurly

Supporting Member
I went back through this whole thread just to take it all in, I'm very envious of your space and how you're using it. Props all the same. Anyway, I had this idea after reading the last handful of posts about getting a group together for wheeling here. What about adding some props and details specifically for events. Like a small mud pit with a scale tractor "stuck" in it, and one of the events is like a little obstacle relay with the tractor at one end, and you have to recover the tractor and haul it back to the shop. And then like a team event where you have to snatch block a log *up* into a team mates vehicle and then bring it back to the mill. You get the idea. Anyway, love the farm mate.

2Beers

It's me again.
I went back through this whole thread just to take it all in, I'm very envious of your space and how you're using it. Props all the same. Anyway, I had this idea after reading the last handful of posts about getting a group together for wheeling here. What about adding some props and details specifically for events. Like a small mud pit with a scale tractor "stuck" in it, and one of the events is like a little obstacle relay with the tractor at one end, and you have to recover the tractor and haul it back to the shop. And then like a team event where you have to snatch block a log *up* into a team mates vehicle and then bring it back to the mill. You get the idea. Anyway, love the farm mate.

Thanks for following along. very appreciated.
I'll see what I can do next year heading North down the tree line.
That's just over 40 yards still to go. ;)
Looking West
IMG_2394.jpg
Looking North
IMG_2558.jpg
Lots can be done still heheheheee

No need for mud pit as you seen in some of last year spring pictures...ahahahaaa Idaho spud dirt is super sticky and greasy when wet. Just wait for a good rain storm for muddy fun.
My father and I built a pulling sled a few years back too by the way.
Local club FB group and others have been using it alot. Might have to see who has it now, and also put in a pulling area.;)
All great Ideas, very appreciated and thank you.

2Beers

It's me again.
I am really the only Scale-ish truck builder guy in my area.
Their are some TF2's floating around changing hands...(most of them my original buys and builds).
Traxxas and Axail Crawlers are the main stay though.
The locals all go out to some very awesome spots to do their crawling and thrashing.
Mostly out to the desert to all the Lava rock spots.

I don't try to keep up with all their very awesome built crawlers, It's just to hard on my scale trucks.
I like a little bit of challenge though once and a while.;)::2thumbs

One main reason for the back yard trail.

Anywhoooo
Crappy weather next few days...Wind Wind Wind this spring...yuck!
See what I can get into on the bench or where inspiration leads me next ;)

SeanOB

:wow: how have I not seen this before! You have built a masterpiece there. Time to start from page 1 and see where it all started ::D:

kildan

Newbie but not really new
Holly crap.........................................................wait......................................................tok(jaw falling)......................................................rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr(jaw rolling on the floor).................................................................?$%??# tap a tap a tap (me running behind to catch my jaw).............................crack!!(my little toe hurting something)............................bing bang paffff (me falling on the ground K.O. without my jaw)...................................still processing.............

:wow:man, what you do is absolutly incredible, so much in only this little time (2 month) with all the other thing of the life!!!!
i'm just....... searching my words..........
awesome!!!!!!
incredible work!!!!!....still searching my words......
what an inspiration for peoples around you....
i'm returning to school!!!

keep it up!!!::2thumbs::starstruck:loll:

2Beers

It's me again.
well.........
Been a very crazy first part of this year in 2021 no doubts.
Constant Crazy winds this spring, and we've been breaking Heat records now for months here in South East Idaho.
Good news though.
Shoving life to the back burner....Time to get back on this miniature world.
Just working on my priority's ya know. Hahahahaa ;):laughing:

Weekends coming, Needing to finish small covered bridge. Then contemplate small waterfall area I blew up.
Stay tuned.
More coming soon soon.
;)::2thumbs

Frederik

Supporting Member
Hey Ron! So have you been tiny landscaping a lot today? Covered bridge and waterfall, sounds nice :) but now we want to see!