How to - making your own links

Mud Puppy

Thanks. Just finished a set of lowers.

If anybody needs an extra push to do it check out a comparison of stock axial 3mm thread versus the 8/32

LinkComparison.jpg

R

Randy_4life

Awesome write up it was just what i needed to know! i just completed making my first set of links today! they are awesome feels more rewarding making them yourself!

E

ecoli

Glad folks are getting good use out of this tutorial. Really is simple and opens a lot of possibilities in regards to different bodies, etc. you can use on your rigs.

A

.:axial-luver:.

Try this maybe, they've lasted 11 months and only one slight bend from falling off a cliff. :rock:
c:\Documents and Settings\jason\Desktop\Devlin's RC pictures and videos\DSC01772.JPG

c:\Documents and Settings\jason\Desktop\Devlin's RC pictures and videos\DSC01773.JPG

c:\Documents and Settings\jason\Desktop\Devlin's RC pictures and videos\DSC01775.JPG

baliah

Awesome, just finished a set for my ch build. Cheaper and looks good, I feel good making my own stuff, next is a bumper? Maybe?!?!

H

Heinz57

now someone just needs to come up with a mini chop saw to get them all the same lengh in one swift chop....now that would be cool.:bowdown:

M

MegaToys

So umm.... I can't find any threaded rod or anything.... So I was wondering if some one could make me some links... Cause I have a custom project that needs longer links then I can buy I will pay how ever much :)

K

kyle_l

So umm.... I can't find any threaded rod or anything.... So I was wondering if some one could make me some links... Cause I have a custom project that needs longer links then I can buy I will pay how ever much :)

i have been looking also for the last week, i finally found threaded rod at pacific fasterns cause none of the metal supermarkets carried 6-32 threaded rod. i just need to get some tubing to go over it and then i will be done.

D

Dribble

Looks like im going to have to go shopping for this stuff and try it myself. Been wanting links on my truck and nobody has had any instock but if i can save myself from spending $70 plus tax on them why not. Thanks for this.

Anyone know where in chilliwack or abby that i can get the 1/4" brakeline or stainless steel tubing. I going to check canadian tire here for the 8-32 allthread.

Last edited:

Mud Puppy

I've been getting the stainless from metal supermarket on 92a and 201 st in port kells (couple blocks behind the collosus theater)

D

Dribble

I've been getting the stainless from metal supermarket on 92a and 201 st in port kells (couple blocks behind the collosus theater)

ok thanks. Im going to see what i can find out this way in the chilliwack/abby area. I cant get to port kells.

K

kyle_l

ok thanks. Im going to see what i can find out this way in the chilliwack/abby area. I cant get to port kells.

if you cant find what you are looking for, i have some threaded rod here in mission.

D

Draz

or do what i do and just pick up a tap and die set and just make your own threads they can range from 29 bucks up too 500$+ plus there just handy to have around and it's really easy to use.

N

NVFOCUS

Well, after reading about everyone's experience in making thier own liks it looks as if I'll be making my own, wish me luck. :biggthumpup:

S

SlowKrawl

Also, you can also use 10-24 all thread, just need to make sure you tap the revo rod ends first. It add's a bit of weight down low and you'll never have to worry about bending one if you sleeve it with stainless haha. I picked up some stainless 10-24 from home depot.

HeyOK

HeyOK Performance
10-24? Wow, that will be nice and strong. I didn't realize there was enough meat in the rod ends to let you thread for that large of material. Good stuff!