ford crew cab pickup

Jeepster

My current project, 3d printed body with custom frame. wheelbase somethin about 410mm.

picture.php

picture.php

Jeepster

simple frame from square tube, little heat and bend, cut half.

picture.php

and little bit added things. transfer case from two pinions. Probably support bearing is needed :)

picture.php

raptorguy

Duuude, that looks so good. I love those fords. That is going to look good. What kind of look are you going for ? Stock?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2Beers

It's me again.
Oh man.
Digging on this build already.
Off to a wonderful great start.

Should be an absolute good time to drive too.... being a Long wheel base.
:luv:::bigdrool::2thumbs

brianw

Supporting Member
I have this file also! What material are you printing and did you scale the body down any? I want to scale it down some when I print this one.

Thanks!

Jeepster

Thanks everyone!

Bought file from cults3d

Printed in pla and glued with cyanoacrylate. I tried and glue holds so good that testprint breaks. But worried about pla and heat, lets see if it deformats in summer.

My printer bed is 220x225mm, needed to scale down little to fit, to 98%.

I had a plan this being stockish, towing gooseneck car trailer. But not sure anymore.

AndroidLV

Interesting build! This truck is on my "probably should build it" list... not yet, have a few other projects in process.
Love the metal work on the chassis!

brianw

Supporting Member
How long did it take you to print the body? I?m at 16 hours and have the first piece finished lol.

JonFoster

Did someone say "Bronco?"
Thanks everyone!

Bought file from cults3d

Printed in pla and glued with cyanoacrylate. I tried and glue holds so good that testprint breaks. But worried about pla and heat, lets see if it deformats in summer.

My printer bed is 220x225mm, needed to scale down little to fit, to 98%.

I had a plan this being stockish, towing gooseneck car trailer. But not sure anymore.

My Bronco build is printed in eSun PLA+ and also glued with CA. I use the cheap Harbor Freight superglue and the stuff works great!

A note on the summer heat and what not: I have printed some studio scale spaceships for a slew of customers and because they are so big to display inside, a couple have opted to display theirs outside in the elements. Despite PLA being biodegradable, the customers have reported that they have kept a ship outside all year with no deformation or separation.

Jeepster

No progress, too busy at work, and also waiting parts ::pray

How long did it take you to print the body? I?m at 16 hours and have the first piece finished lol.

It takes lots of time, week is not enough :laughing:

My Bronco build is printed in eSun PLA+ and also glued with CA. I use the cheap Harbor Freight superglue and the stuff works great!

A note on the summer heat and what not: I have printed some studio scale spaceships for a slew of customers and because they are so big to display inside, a couple have opted to display theirs outside in the elements. Despite PLA being biodegradable, the customers have reported that they have kept a ship outside all year with no deformation or separation.

Read somewhere that pla holds outside elements good if painted.

ToyotaKing88

I left some Hatchbox PLA prints I had done in my truck for a day or 2 in the sun and they warped pretty bad but it was extremely hot outside. All the other prints I did in PLA were fine otherwise with just normal wheeling and not being sealed up in a vehicle in the sun.

The build is looking awesome though I love how it has the floorboards incorporated into the body, it really adds to the scale realism of the truck. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of this build.

Jeepster

Still waiting reduction unit, need that to decide engine bay. Lots of stuff going under the hood, not sure if there is room for 3d engine, but still printed hinges, so if, it is accessible.

picture.php

Mounted body to chassis, Made right lenght links, rear shock hoops, and drive line seems ok.

picture.php

picture.php