Fms Land Cruiser leaf springs

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
Shoot, off the top of my head, other than RC4WD & Tamiya there isn't much else out there for leafs.
The "quality" is probably going to be how you mod/mount them to maximize articulation.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Aside from the kit FMS sells you’re on your own. The leaf springs for that are an unusual length, longer than any other commercially available.

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
Are you just trying to upgrade or do you need to replace them?
Not familiar with the truck but you may be able to do a little work and get them to flex better.
There's a few tricks we used to do back in the day.

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
Aside from the kit FMS sells you’re on your own. The leaf springs for that are an unusual length, longer than any other commercially available.
Do you know how long they are? Curious how they compare to others and may be nice to file away in the ole noggin for a future use.

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
Anyone know the diameter of the FMS axle tubes?
I see the FMS leaf kit I linked above also comes with spring perches.
More specifically, I'm wondering if the perches would fit around SCX10 Pro axle tubes...
:unsure:

And even more specifically, I'm thinking of maybe trying leafs on my CJ build.

Last edited:

metomwhou

Supporting Member
Anyone know the diameter of the FMS axle tubes?
I see the FMS leaf kit I linked above also comes with spring perches.
More specifically, I'm wondering if the perches would fit around SCX10 Pro axle tubes...
:unsure:

And even more specifically, I'm thinking of maybe trying leafs on my CJ build.
If no one answers up by the time I get home this evening, I'll measure the mashigan axles. I think they're all the same.

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
If no one answers up by the time I get home this evening, I'll measure the mashigan axles. I think they're all the same.
Thanks, from my understanding they are.

I'd love some feedback on how those leafs are, seems like pardonmyn00b & imthatguy would have some insight into this...

Edit: Old Thor from Scale4x4 would have already ordered them by now, but Thor now is a little more constrained both financially and spatially. Old Thor had built up quite a collection of parts, bits n bobs, odds n ends, etc etc that ended up being an almost two decade long endeavor to slim down.

Last edited:

Thorsteenster

Supporting Member
Bummer. Well, kind of. SCX10 Pro axle tubes are 11mm, good. I don't need to complicate this build. Keep it straight forward, Thor!