DougJ's Trusty Rusty TF2

DougJ

Love this truck/thread.

Nice collection of stickers/permits you're building up there!
Thank you kindly! I love the stickers, it's one of my favorite parts. It's always fun finding new things to stick on that tailgate. I try to keep it realistic, with only real-world logos and such.

Alrighty, I'm back! Haven't posted in a long time, mainly because I haven't been driving much. The old truck's been sitting for a few months, but it got to stretch it's legs (tires? axles?) today, finally. I have't raked the trail yet, so it's not ready for photos, but the stream is frozen over, so I got some nice icy photos for you guys. Enjoy!

45853370495_0e7e8cbfe3_b.jpg

31826995707_9c77a2c75c_b.jpg

I 'christened' it almost immediately, of course.

45853367905_5f5e1a6d7b_b.jpg

I did get to enjoy a nice 3:00 PM sunset though.

31826993057_f0c401a5ea_b.jpg

I found some cool ice waterfalls that were fun to slide down.

39803174953_c487e24508_b.jpg

Not so easy going up though. POWERRRRR!!! :evilgrin:

31826998807_2a476a1385_b.jpg

Sadly, my 55 Turns of Fury wasn't enough to overcome basic physics. You win this round, ice! :rolleyes:

So, what's in store for 2019? I don't expect much to change on this truck. I like it how it is, and I don't plan on replacing anything unless it breaks. I'm curious how much I can get out of these old tires, so I'm going to run them until I can't, but if/when they give up I might try something else. Maybe 1.55 Rock Beasts, or the RC4WD Interco Ground Hawgs for a more old-school look.

My main RC plans are not related to this truck. My Pajero is sitting on the shelf in need of some new gearbox parts. I might get that running again this year, but I'll need a new set of electronics, so we'll see. The M06 is waiting for some snow to rip around in, and maybe I'll finally get that dang interior I kept saying I would get! The big plan for this year though is to get a Tamiya King Hauler. I've wanted one for ages and I think I can pull that off this year. You'll hear from me when that happens of course.

This truck will be 6 years old in June. Crazy! I can't believe it's been that long. I'm keeping this truck for the rest of my life. It's firmly in the "never sell" category, no doubt. Here's to another year!
:beerchug:

Reactions: TLC

Diggerj

For what it's worth this truck inspired me to get back into the hobby after being out for 5 or 6 years. Hope it's still hitting the trails and looking good doing it.

Last edited: