Dag's Land Rover Series iia swb

dagabba

Supporting Member
Added a couple of details-

Fuel Cap

20210909_185006.jpg

And Number Plate Light. Not Sure That All Needed Capitalisation.

20210910_102326.jpg

Painted up:

20210913_141218.jpg

20210913_141544.jpg

The Filler Cap is a tight push fit (!) So Ron can still refuel...

20210913_140656.jpg

Hopefully it won't fall off and get lost straightaway.

JMo

V.I.P. Member
Ok, I've got a couple of trailers planned, could do a roof or a cage with fabric... what would you all add?

I think it would look great with the traditional hoops to support a soft top, but maybe without the actual canvas (or at least have that removable like the real thing of course) - it's a shame to hide that interior, and the spindly soft-top hoops would add even more authenticity...

Just don't roll it over!

Jenny

ps. plus I think it would be really nice to have a semi-animated driver (one hand on the wheel, which steers) - perhaps an old farmer-boy with a Barbour coat and flat cap!

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Wow I'm sorry to have missed this one until now. All caught up.

What a fantastic job! Your attention to detail is amazing!! You are a styrene master!

dagabba

Supporting Member
I think it would look great with the traditional hoops to support a soft top, but maybe without the actual canvas (or at least have that removable like the real thing of course) - it's a shame to hide that interior, and the spindly soft-top hoops would add even more authenticity...

Just don't roll it over!

Jenny

ps. plus I think it would be really nice to have a semi-animated driver (one hand on the wheel, which steers) - perhaps an old farmer-boy with a Barbour coat and flat cap!
Yup, I like that idea. My metalwork could do with the practice anyway and as you say, it's a good way of not obscuring the interior.

As for automation, yeah, I've been watching Danny Huyn vids and getting inspired... reckon I can do a powered gas pedal too... but I'm trying to work out how to do it and keep the driver removable. Currently thinking I might make a second driver's seat and attach a figure to it.

Wow I'm sorry to have missed this one until now. All caught up.

What a fantastic job! Your attention to detail is amazing!! You are a styrene master!
Thanks GTR, glad you enjoyed it!

LandyMan

I reckon a "Bikini top" or half canvas is the way to go! My dad has one on his '53 series one and I think it would be cool balance between adding authenticity and not hiding the interior.

Nice build thus far!

-Ads