Custom length adjustable link sources?

xmech2k

Supporting Member
I searched without much luck yet, but I'm looking for a source for adjustable links for a 4 link suspension in various lengths. I see they sell sets for this specific chassis or that one at various wheelbases, but I can't find a source to just get them at certain lengths. It would be even better if they are turnbuckle style for easier adjustment. Sorry I'm pretty new to this. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

xmech2k

Supporting Member
Ugh! So frustrating. I'm still searching. Just looking for 2 pairs of links, 1 set ~55mm, the other ~85mm, measured from ball center to ball center. I've actually been able to find a few places selling some links, but they don't specify how they measure them. And I'm wondering if they are adding the length of the ball connector? And the ball connectors have different lengths. Guess I'm lucky I have a couple of hobby shops in the area. It's too late today, but I'll visit them maybe next weekend and hope they have what I'm looking for. If I do find any good source online in the meanwhile I'll share it here.

Ivan Stewart

Supporting Member
Get you some small all-thread (not sure the size) and run it inside sone 5/16 (I believe) brake line or other metal tubing. Ace Hardware has both if I’m not mistaken. Any lengths you want.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Most links are measured eye to eye. RC4x4 Performance Stainless will make custom links for you.

xmech2k

Supporting Member
I got some aluminum tube and threaded rod to just make my own. I didn't find LH threaded rod as I would have liked to make them turnbuckle style for easier adjustment, but I didn't have much time to search. Maybe in the future I'll find some but this will work for now.