Corvair build

Sparks427

V.I.P. Member
The original 3 gear case had every screw hole stripped out, it was a wonder it was in there at all. So I bought the vp trans and put in the spektrum 2 in 1 1400kv motor in it, I love these motors, I have them in, almost, everything. A bunch of stuff will be in today, and other things will be trickling in over the next few days.

1000010215.jpg

Sparks427

V.I.P. Member
Painting is the nerve wracking part for me too! Just got done with my hardbody and I was skeptical, it turned out pretty well for my first attempt at a hardbody đŸ˜‚
Hard bodies for bother me as much, I painted a lot of model cars as a kid, and they remind me of those, but the lexan drives me nuts, I've got half a mind to paint the outside, but I know it doesn't come out as good.

Sparks427

V.I.P. Member
Designed and printed floor boards with a bit of rocker protection, also redesigned a batter box I made for another vehicle to sit in the back for this one. I'm brainstorming on ways to attach a cover inside the body that flips up with it. I'm thinking of getting some lexan sheets, just not sure how I'm going to bend it yet, but I'll get there!

1000010397.jpg

1000010398.jpg

1000010399.jpg

Sparks427

V.I.P. Member
Drew up and printed a bench seat, but I'm not crazy withhow high the back sticks up past the windows. So I think I'm going to try to lower it. But i thought the seat came out nice either way!
1000010464.jpg