Blackfoot RC - Scale Park

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
Ok, found some time to add a couple pics of what has been done this spring so far; some of the pictures are from the GCM Calgary Series #1 Event.

A pretty cool bridge one of our members built, he even made scale rivets; this is a permanent structure.

Functional entrance gate which was shown earlier on the bench, looks much better at the park!

A couple of the fire lookout in its location!

Haha, went through all my pictures and I only took one building picture, darn it! The scale fencing stays in all the time event or not.

A whole bunch of new shrubs and some new retaining wall. Notice the gap between the two walls. Gonna build a sweet jump!

And a water feature, there will be a drive around and it does need a little refinement but we have run an event with it and it was pretty awesome, a little mud on the tires makes things a lot hard!!

Enjoy and I will try and keep the pictures coming over the summer because there is a ton happening!!

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
One final picture. Just kidding on the sweet jump; this bridge is going in its place, much more appropriate for class zero....LOL

::2thumbs

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
A few more pictures for your viewing pleasure. We have really stepped it up with the shrub planting this year; previously we had to fill buckets of water and carry or truck them in order to water. Now we have a 2" line direct off a 6" main reduced to a 3/4" hose; we can quite literally water the entire scale park standing in one spot. Almost spoiled now.....LOL

Planted a few more shrubs this week and probably a few more tomorrow, really makes things look so much better!

Bridge installed, at some point i will remove the round river rock under the bridge and use something a little more jagged and varying sizes, try and simulate a rockslide :biggthumpup:

Last night I began working on this structure, want to try and make a banked corner of sorts. I may fill underneath with soil after so it looks more scale for now its a good start I think.

More too come soon!!

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
Ok I found some time to sit down and do a little update.

It has been a very busy summer at BFRC, we levelled our race track area, brought in 220 tandem axle dump trucks worth of clay. Levelled the whole area out to install a massive 1/5 scale race track which is up and running. A 1/10, 1/8 scale track which is groomed out and requiring coping install when we find time. Also the beginning of a U4 course as well. 1/5 the scale drivers stand re-built, new race director booth in, new water system for the entire park, levelled and partially asphalted the parking lot and a ton more! None of this includes the extensive amount of work completed in the scale area which I am about to show you.

Crazy thing is all of this has been accomplished by a handful of people, I am however happy to report there are many people as of late stepping it up to give a hand along with many donations. Very exciting times!!!

Anyhow onto the good stuff!!

A little more cement work complete. Since this picture we have added some p gravel and crushed blue rock; looks much more realistic. Side note: do not use post haste with your bare hands or you will suffer chemical burns.......ooouch!!!

What we call the notch, cool section of track, kind of easy in one direction and not so much in the reverse!
A ton of new shrubs planted as well as some rock garden plants in various locations.
No more ugly orange c can.........Finally!!!
Fence built and painted. We still have to finish the entry way pergola and scale park sign. The upper rail of the fence is wide enough for trucks to sit on for gallery scoring and cool pictures!
Approximately 50 more killer scale signs supplied by SBG member Tossedman. All have been mounted on sign posts, thank god for KNK hardware!!

A movable obstacle which still needs paint.

Still more but Ill let you all chew on that for a few days. Enjoy!!!

tossedman

Supporting Member
I've been on holidays for a few weeks. Can't wait to see the improvements to the park. Thanks for all of your hard work Brendon!

Wrencher

I have to say I was at this park on the weekend for the GCM event there. what an awesome and spectacular place to drive toy trucks. the group that has built this place are great people and should be proud of it for sure.

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
I have to say I was at this park on the weekend for the GCM event there. what an awesome and spectacular place to drive toy trucks. the group that has built this place are great people and should be proud of it for sure.

Thanks buddy, was great to have met you in person and glad to hear you had a good time. Much appreciate the compliments too::2thumbs

MrCommaD

I second this comment. What you guys have built there is definitely top notch and I absolutely recommend anyone who is going to be in the area to stop in and check it out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
I second this comment. What you guys have built there is definitely top notch and I absolutely recommend anyone who is going to be in the area to stop in and check it out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks kindly guys, much appreciated ::2thumbs

We will continue to build and I will keep you all posted!

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. ;)

From what I've seen, it looked like a tremendously good event. Well done sirs.

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. ;)

From what I've seen, it looked like a tremendously good event. Well done sirs.

Damn you Canada post!!! LOL. Matt you have an open invitation and should definitely come out next year if you can swing it, Ill even put you up for the weekend if need be:biggthumpup:

Thank you, it was quite good, some might even say epic. Ok maybe I'm the only one saying it was epic, but it really was epic:cool: