Blackfoot RC - Scale Park

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
Well I thought I would take you all along on this journey with me. Unfortunetly my yard is not large enough to build my very own scale park so the next best thing work on the local one!! The park has been in existence for awhile and the last real push on it was a couple years ago and not too much has been done since then. So over the past couple months a few of the local die hard scale fans have come together and started stepping it up a notch. I drew up some plans and we ultimately agreed too progress (I will post plans once I clean them up a bit).

The main idea and first step is to create pathways with trails on both sides this will give the park some fluidity and keep people from walking on or over trails which naturally causes damage to things. Step one:
[/URL[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CrawlerAddict13/media/IMG_3098_zpssvkqkk6t.jpg.html] ][URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CrawlerAddict13/media/IMG_3096_zps557hz5oi.jpg.html]

I know its tough to see the existing trails but as you can see there is a long way to go but we have a decent start to it and I will keep posting as things progress.

Cheers!

Kesuai

Looks like you've got a great frame work for some epic fun there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halme

V.I.P. Member
Final step of true anarchy - illegal scale RC track! :laughing: Keep up the good work for the right cause.

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
[/URL[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CrawlerAddict13/media/IMG_3526_zpshonh0keu.jpg.html]

Well I thought I had a bunch more pics, unfortunately they really weren't all that good so I will make sure when I am at the park this weekend to get some better shots. Things have come a long way since last year and we just hosted a GCM Call to Crawl a couple weekends ago at the park and it was one of the best comps we have had in my opinion. This park really is a never ending project but its half as fun as playing tiny trucks building tiny truck terrain, I will keep you all posted as we move along......Cheers!!

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
It is pretty large, as it stands it's about forty five minutes to hit every trail, during a comp it's about three hours. Yes it is a ton of fun.

klako

Supporting Member
Great looking course, i see that a lot of work has been done since the first pics, please keep the updates coming and don't hesitate to take closer shots of the buildings and details ! :biggthumpup:

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
That looks so cool. Could spend days driving around. Keep the updates coming

Fantastic! Wow, so much room to play in a dedicated spot. Love it.

Great looking course, i see that a lot of work has been done since the first pics, please keep the updates coming and don't hesitate to take closer shots of the buildings and details ! :biggthumpup:

Thanks everyone, I will keep the updates coming, maybe I'll attempt a video at some point too!!!

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
A few more progress pictures and a couple more detailed shots as well.
One of the oldest bridges around, I think its survived five or six years of abuse. It will be getting changed out this winter but works for now.

This section was added just before the snow last year and is a bit make shift right now but we have big plans for it!!!
A close up of the lower bridge, this will be a treacle bridge in the future, right now kind of make shift but thats ok its progress.
Also added a few, ten to be exact little ground cover shrubs, eventually our vision is to have it looking like a manicured garden, probably a few years away from that but again, got to start somewhere!!
We have also "planted" some dismantled xmas tree branches everywhere, it looks pretty good for the time being, good filler anyhow.

I like this idea, parachute cord and cedar posts for scale guard rail, I think it looks great and simple to make!!!

Anyhow thats all for now, I'll post some more pictures once we start getting some scale retaining wall in and a few other projects we have on the go, until then cheers and enjoy!!!!

Cultus

Supporting Member
Wow, the place looks great, I can't wait to get back there again. Wish i could be at the Call to Crawl event today, hope to see some pics.

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
Wow, the place looks great, I can't wait to get back there again. Wish i could be at the Call to Crawl event today, hope to see some pics.

I will try and get some pics today! The last Call to Crawl I was to busy driving, think I only got two or three pics......LOL

Crawler Addict

V.I.P. Member
I have finally found some time to post an update. This summer has been full with work, camping and working on the scale park usually two to three days a week so here are a few updates!!

This is the opening section to the park really and it has come a long way since the opening pictures.

Not true to scale but a fairly challenging section; good for some spills!!
Oooooo a picture of wire boxes, how wonderful. Fairly time consuming to produce but the result will be well worth it. Sorry for no picture when filled with rock, it was 31 degrees we where out of water and tapped out!! We will see these again in a coming update!

A bridge inspired by some pictures of one at U-Turn Corner!!
And installed with a dry river bed underneath, it looks really cool in up close, one of my favourite sections at the moment!! http

Our first scale building, permanent scale building; the test building. Hopefully it remains unharmed...LOL
[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CrawlerAddict13/media/IMG_3684_zpsw8sbhqw7.jpg.html]
And a fun shot just for the hell of it!!

LargeEnt

Supporting Member
Also like the bridge and glad you had some time to work on the course and you know U-turn, Confucius said that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

delux

deCOMPosed.
Dayum!!!

That is scale paradise right there! Lots of scale challenges and it still look great!

scaleguy

Even got toilet paper in the out house!
If theres ever a traffic jam on the bridge! the dry river bed and rocks look tempting...:biggthumpup: