Beers goes 3D....what ? I'm already lost.

2Beers

It's me again.
Hello
HELP PLEASE...:laughing:
SOoooo tech challenged it aint funny.
And you all know how well my grammar is.....................:laughing:

If I go with an Ender 5 Plus....what am I seriously going to need If I go ahead and start buying pre programmed body designs?????
Filament size ?????
ETC..............
:laughing:

Thanks in advance.

Complete lost ole guy in Idaho that could most likely scratch build body's but I'm lazy.;):laughing:
Time to get on board I guess with this new fancy(technology) ...< did i spell that right ?

Seriously though ..All help appreciated.

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
1.75 PLA will be your start point. Most printers the size of the ender 5 are setup for 1.75. PLA is usually the easiest to get to print right away. Once your happy with that PETG or ABS are the next to try as they all have pros and cons.
You'll want to download Cura as its your easiest free slicer program. It generates the g-code that allows the printer create the part.

2Beers

It's me again.
1.75 PLA will be your start point. Most printers the size of the ender 5 are setup for 1.75. PLA is usually the easiest to get to print right away. Once your happy with that PETG or ABS are the next to try as they all have pros and cons.
You'll want to download Cura as its your easiest free slicer program. It generates the g-code that allows the printer create the part.

Huge THANKS bones.
I'm lucky to have a few friends that have been at the 3D for a why'll now.
Theirs going to be a million questions I'm sure still.

Info very appreciated.

Would it be also best to pick up another small computer just to run the printer and files ?

dagabba

Supporting Member
Welcome to the club!!

It'll probably run from memory sticks no need to plug in directly. As long as your computer can handle Cura and Fusion360 you'll be fine. Might be useful to start playing with Fusion now...

I've only used PLA so far- take your time to get the bed height setup right and it'll come out really nicely but it is brittle. CA Glue is your friend there.

For all the print setup in Cura and design work youtube is probably your best friend.

2Beers

It's me again.
Welcome to the club!!

It'll probably run from memory sticks no need to plug in directly. As long as your computer can handle Cura and Fusion360 you'll be fine. Might be useful to start playing with Fusion now...

I've only used PLA so far- take your time to get the bed height setup right and it'll come out really nicely but it is brittle. CA Glue is your friend there.

For all the print setup in Cura and design work youtube is probably your best friend.

No point in another computer, unless you need a reason to get one. Hint hint

More great info.
Huge thanks guys.
Have you seen this one on the "bay" ?
I need it. ahahahaaa.
1960's pickup 3D.jpg
STL files for print RC body Chevrolet C10 FDM 313mm wheelbase
$60.00 US
Looks amazing.

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Check out Scale3drc.com. I have printed a few of their bodies and like how they are cut up to fit on a print bed already

2Beers

It's me again.
Cults3D.com is another great repository of files. And don't forget Thingiverse!

Awesome
Thanks "guy"
All info very appreciated.

Going to also join a group (Discord) for even more help.

Hope the wood troll's don't go on strike, when tiny robot arrives. :laughing:

2Beers

It's me again.
Ender 5 pro a success so far.
::2thumbs
First print, I shrunk it down though so not to waist material incase something wasn't right.

Feeling pretty good about it, and no problems to report on initial start and print.
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg

No clue what I'm doing but it's fun...:laughing:

2Beers

It's me again.
Who's sharing free little detail parts that can be printed that are free...Did I say free ?
Yes.
Free
Seats, things... etc... Just the littles.

Something to try out before I go spending money on files.

Thanks in ? advance...
Not interested in printing Lots of things I don't really need..
This is for tiny trucks.

2Beers

It's me again.

Thanks for the info, very appreciated.
Printed another Owl that even looked better then the first with out touching or changing anything.
I did the thingyverse thing for hours too late yesterday.;)
Changed PLA out for the PETG and Printed a small boat out with great success again.

Starting to get an idea on how this all works.
Although my head feels like it's going to explode for all the research and info out their.:laughing:

cooper

3D printing is a whole hobby on it's own. By the way,I don't recomend PLA to make bodies unless you are sure that they'll don't get too much sun

Frederik

Supporting Member
Way to go Ron! Awesome to see you tackle a new technique, I know for sure this machine in your hands will turn into so much creativity.

Are the owls the right size to put somewhere on Rocky River Farms? :) Like on top of some building, or maybe on some scale garden with some maters and vegetables, used as a scarecrow :)