Another Scale Garage

TITANIUM94010

I've been bored lately and decided to build a scale garage for my cars, they needed a proper place to be displayed anyways.

Starting with the basics:

I'm using 1/8in plywood sheets as the walls, 42 cm tall walls, which is a bit large to be truly scale, but they work for the large workshop kinda look. I thought I needed a circular saw, but it turns out you can snap the plywood with a utility knife if you run it along the panels enough and in the right direction.

As for width, about 3.2 feet wide, and 2 and a smidge feet deep. Planning to add an extra foot and a half or so of room, but I'll have to see if desk space permits.

Walls are secured by some 1x2in. wood beams on both sized on the corners, wall detailing is with 1/4in square wood dowels.

Floor is made of 1/4 MDF coated with primer. I tried spraying it with primer, but I went through a can and a half without good results, so I'm switching to a roller and some paint on primer.
As far as attaching the walls to the floor, I might put some wooden beams on the outer walls, but that may be a problem if I want a second room.

As I was shopping around for some materials, I stumbled upon some nice walnut boards, decided to pick some up to make some nice scale furniture.

I'll get some pictures in sometime later.

Racer X

Supporting Member
The tall wall height will be helpful when taking photographs. It just makes it easier to frame the trucks. I have found that the scale garage is also useful as a work space if done properly.

TITANIUM94010

898efd868efdf82a21724debc8c3c629.jpg

Here?s the walls of the garage, got some dowels on the top but am waiting for the paint on the floor to dry so I can get a proper fit. Looks pretty boring at the moment.
88e89e623e105b81dcd2ba689b256aac.jpg

TITANIUM94010

It may seem like it, but I haven't ditched this thread yet ;)

Did a "little" work, added a ton of stuff, some 3d printed, some handmade.
yt7yvBx.jpg

A little more to the side
4GORy2n.jpg

Close up of the mini workbench. Some things are 3d printed, like lathe and toolbox,
Made a little tube chassis out of paper clips, CA glue, and glue accelerator. Not 1/10 scale in 1/10 scale, so a little big, but it still looks good.
5R5xfF5.jpg

And heres the other side, not really finished. The floor's only half there for the time being.
I've got some of the parts for a 3d printed Bruder EXP6 Trailer, not sure if I should start a thread on that.
C58cf07.jpg

CrawlingFinn

Scale jack inspector
Cool details! That motor anchor is nice touch.

Definitely start a thread about that Bruder, I have been planning on building a EXP6 too. I was thinking about a styrene scratch build, I am so far in the project that I have tires for it:laughing:

TITANIUM94010

Cool details! That motor anchor is nice touch.

Definitely start a thread about that Bruder, I have been planning on building a EXP6 too. I was thinking about a styrene scratch build, I am so far in the project that I have tires for it:laughing:

I'm 3d printing mine. I was orignially going to build mine out of styrene, but I'm not the best at it, and someone was selling STLs so I decided to print mine.

It should be pretty easy to build though, it's mostly flat with a few small details.

MiraTheMindeye

Well you went meta with the scale garage having a scale-scale rc on the workbench so now you need a scale-scale garage with a scale-scale-scale rc