Another Mfab FJ60 !?

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I'm told Mfab is now nearly impossible to reach. So this could be the last Mfab Landcruiser of mine. I decided to build a truck to represent the Landcruiser I would own in full scale if a kind Genie would grant me that wish. Otherwise, between availability and the prices of those available, safe to say I won't own a full size version of this truck. So let's enjoy the little version.

As always I used a GCM Racing CMAX chassis as these Mfab bodies are very long, and the CMAX almost makes it. Just a little add on in the rear it fits like a glove. I again used a Hobbywing Fusion setup to help fit everything under the hood to allow for the full interior. Helios little battery key for that to work out as well.

Struggled to find the hubcaps I wanted. Then remembered I never sold those old CC hand hubcaps I didn't like because they looked too plasticy. So I airbrushed them with Molotol chrome and super happy with the outcome. The 2nd one down with the smaller clamp is unpainted, other 3 are Molotol'd. Wheels are RC4WD 1.9 Landies and Proline BFG's. Spare tire is a 1.55.

Whitefj613.jpg

Wanted a nice bright white paint, so I went with one near and dear to my heart, Nissan QM1 White. Same color as my GTR. Easy to get Duplicolor spray cans as well.

Whitefj623.jpg

Whitefj615.jpg

The rear body mount is 2 GCM Racing center chassis supports modified to have some spring action. I ended up going with softer springs than shown here, the blue ones on the truck are softer since they were somewhat difficult to squeeze when removing the body.

Whitefj612.jpg

Whitefj614.jpg

All the wiring for the lights easily runs within the doors, and then panels cover everything up.

Whitefj617.jpg

Door panels are two different materials, seats are flocked, and headliner and pillar covers are the same grey. Found a lighter color that more matches the OEM headliner so I may redo them at some point.

Whitefj618.jpg

Center console and sub box made out of styrene. Made the console way too tall at first, so it's now shortened and the lid opens if I need a place to stash and future interior items.

Whitefj619.jpg

Whitefj620.jpg

Whitefj621.jpg

Whitefj622.jpg

I liked Doc Brown so he got to drive. I have some toys for him that I'll add in to the interior soon. Still need to make some inner door panel pieces like handles and window cranks. Seatbelts as well.

Whitefj604.jpg

Painted the light controller to match and easy to identify which truck it goes to. Powered off a 9 volt with a switch, allows lights to work without having to connect an esc battery. Truck has hi/low beam and interior lights. May add some more interior as I have 2 empty channels to play with.

Whitefj608.jpg

The Knight Customs DH bike got moved from the Orange D110 for a motorcycle, so I was happy to get in on here as it's a good copy of my personal bike.

Sad this may be the last Landcruiser. I need to try some other things...maybe a Patrol. I like Nissans too. Ha

Hope you enjoy, thanks for checking it out.
Cory

Whitefj601.jpg

Whitefj602.jpg

Whitefj603.jpg

Whitefj605.jpg

Whitefj606.jpg

Whitefj607.jpg

Whitefj611.jpg

Whitefj610.jpg

Whitefj609.jpg

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
NOT ANOTHER ONE. Okay, that's just fine by me. Looks great sir. Reminds me, I've got a 55 series from Manitou tucked away somewhere. I should probably build it.

Hamtramck

Great Scott, another amazing Land Cruiser!

In some of your other builds you mention that you're using LEDs from Evans Design. I'm curious what bulb type/size gives off that softer glow?

Thanks!

TLC

Scaled, but not fishy.
Another triumph of a Toyota mate, brilliant build as always. :biggthumpup:
Plus, that coat of Nissan paint will no doubt improve its power, reliability and off-road performance.......;):loll:Bring on a Patrol!::2thumbs

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Nice!
How do you like the Fusion motor?
This is my 2nd one. The other FJ60 Olive has one but it's the 1200kv, so for this one I went with the 1800kv. The 1200kv was a little slow, but just a tad, so hoping the 1800 has a little more oomph. The Olive has a Reef's servo, and I must say there is a nasty glitch when holding the steering servo at angle, so I'm adding a capacitor hoping that will help. I'll have this white one out soon and can see if it has similar issues. This one's using a lesser steering servo.

Last edited:

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Great Scott, another amazing Land Cruiser!

In some of your other builds you mention that you're using LEDs from Evans Design. I'm curious what bulb type/size gives off that softer glow?

Thanks!
Thanks.

The Cool white is a more bluish, newer car, color. The Warm white is a more retro looking halogen bulb color. You can use any size that works for you, the light color is the same. This truck has 3mm headlights and 1.5mm high beams to make it all fit within the light. Usually use the 5mm for just the headlight. The 3mm for most of the tail light and turn signal as they're smaller spaces. And the side marker lights are all 1.8mm with the little nipple sanded off.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Another triumph of a Toyota mate, brilliant build as always. :biggthumpup:
Plus, that coat of Nissan paint will no doubt improve its power, reliability and off-road performance.......;):loll:Bring on a Patrol!::2thumbs
Thanks very much, and the Nissan paint comment truly made me laugh out loud. Love it.

Hamtramck

Thanks.

The Cool white is a more bluish, newer car, color. The Warm white is a more retro looking halogen bulb color. You can use any size that works for you, the light color is the same. This truck has 3mm headlights and 1.5mm high beams to make it all fit within the light. Usually use the 5mm for just the headlight. The 3mm for most of the tail light and turn signal as they're smaller spaces. And the side marker lights are all 1.8mm with the little nipple sanded off.
Whoa, working high beams, very cool!
Thanks for all the info and for sharing such a rad build!

Can't wait to see that Patrol you've got in the queue.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
All done and test driven. The Fusion setup is super quiet, easy to modulate, and has just enough ground speed to get out to the trail. And the cheap 35 kg whatever servo is silent and plenty strong.

Added the mini RC car in the back seat, and since I had it apart to paint why not add headlights. Also added some mini Delorean toys in the back, cuz why not. Searching for an appropriate remote control for them, but figured the flying car needed some lights.

Then decided the sub needed an amp, and that the amp needed a volt meter in it. It's hooked to the rear bumper lights, which now work along with the front bumper lights, so I can monitor the 9v battery voltage for all the lights.

And Doc brought along the Almanac that helped him earn the money to buy this fancy FJ off Bring-A-Trailer.

Thanks for watching along, hope you enjoy.

WhiteOut1.jpg

WhiteOut3.jpg

WhiteOut4.jpg

WhiteOut5.jpg

WhiteOut6.jpg

WhiteOut7.jpg

WhiteOut8.jpg

WhiteOut9.jpg

WhiteOut10.jpg

WhiteOut13.jpg

WhiteOut14.jpg

WhiteOut11.jpg

WhiteOut12.jpg

WhiteOut17.jpg

WhiteOut18.jpg

WhiteOut19.jpg

RSRC

Beautiful build! Looks so clean and wonderfully realistic. Also some really nice photography work. Those water reflection shots are just awesome.