55 chev napco converted truck

brianw

Supporting Member
I?m printing my first body now and I?m curious...

What primer/filler are you using on the body?
How did you attach the pieces?
What is the width of the body at the center of the front fender?

Thanks!

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
I?m printing my first body now and I?m curious...

What primer/filler are you using on the body?
How did you attach the pieces?
What is the width of the body at the center of the front fender?

Thanks!

I am using Dupilcolour scratch fill primer for the first couple coats and then a sealer primer before colour.
Its a ABS body so glued it together with MEK
Not sure at the moment but would print it wider next time,if doing it agian. Its really hard to get tire coverage.

A little blown away here, what type of aluminum did you use for the dash/stamp?
The aluminum was just a old tinfoil pie plate i had. Its not quite thick enough for strength, but details really nice.

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
So i have been slacking on updates, this will end up being a bit of pic dump.

The motor got the first bit of colour on it. Still lots more detail painting and little details to do.
xaZkCXmh.jpg

The rear cage got some more tweaking to it, so it matches the cab better and a tonneau cover was made to cover up the bed.
QUQU9Fch.jpg

The interior got a little love. With a new center consul built with cup holder and switch panel.
sMH3uwIh.jpg

A new version of the dash was printed to fit the front of the cab nicer and allow for a few other options down the road.
ePUaPmWh.jpg

AmKUusBh.jpg

Then started the interior roll cage out of brass tubing. It my first time working with brass tubing and i really like what i can do with it compared to styrene.
StMk8X2h.jpg

ghuUou5h.jpg

shw3yvYh.jpg

Mr Beanos

Supporting Member
Great job on this 55 chevy!
Love it :luv:
Is the rear fender cutout long enough to accommodate the tires?

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Thanks 2Beers, its going to be hard to give this one back to my customer.

Mr Beanos, yeah there is enough room. the box is slightly twisted in that pic

joe122

Drool....and more drool. Love this build and as mentioned before really like the old Napco optioned 4x4's. Very cool build!!!

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Thanks Joe122

A little more progress has been done on the cage. I really like how it all dry fits together tight and almost holds itself together. now on to the scary part of soldering and making it all permanent.

FMV9FQTh.jpg

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
worked up the nerve to solder some of the tubes together. It really really easy and and amazingly strong even though i don't have all the tubes in yet. Some door bars to put in and i think i will call that good

DbANCXah.jpg

bZOS5eKh.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Looking (send it) worthy now.
Brass is so fun to create and work with...your giving me the itch to play with some again.
:laughing:

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Got the door bars installed and them painted the cage black. I am super impressed with the fit and finish look of this cage. I think i will be making more of these in the future
GRLgUdAh.jpg

0vUPf4Oh.jpg

A mock up of the seat belts that will be going in shortly.
Puhe8dMh.jpg

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
Thanks joe122

Jguyett so far all i have done is drill a hole in the floor for the tube to pass through. I still have some sliders to build and they may allow a screw to pass through and capture the tube.

skinanbones

I drank the MEK
So one more change to the final body colour. It wont change again because i am sick of painting this truck. The outside will be silver only and all the colour will be under the hood or in the interior.
C3x1Nf6h.jpg

This is as far as the interior will go, as for the part that drops out. The door cards and dash will be glued in place and stay with the body. They might get some colour accents, but that will be it.
Co6cVVgh.jpg