'51 "EV" Willys Pick up -Styrene build

joe122

I've always wanted to attempt a scratch built Willys pickup. I had someone recently ask me to build one so I couldn't wait to see where this would go. It's going on one of those "EV" RC4WD TF2 LWB chassis. The length being about an inch longer then a stock 1:1 threw off some of the dimensions a bit but so far just a slightly elongated bed is all it's needed so far.

I got started on the build, and after a few days the hood kept bothering me. I realized that it was just a bit high so a little surgery and after that it looks to be much closer to the 1:1 photos I used for a build guild.

So far I have just about all the styrene work done, I need to add drip rail. vent and center glass pieces then start a ton of body work. I did do a flip on the axles as the body was sitting way to high.
IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1476.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg
IMG_1485.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
MMMMMmmmmm
Flat fender goodness.

You've been extremely busy no doubts.
Having built a few and one on the shelf.........
Spot on my friend.
Amazing work
::2thumbs:biggthumpup:::2thumbs
I like the looks of the bit longer bed too.

joe122

MMMMMmmmmm
Flat fender goodness.

You've been extremely busy no doubts.
Having built a few and one on the shelf.........
Spot on my friend.
Amazing work
::2thumbs:biggthumpup:::2thumbs
I like the looks of the bit longer bed too.
Thanks 2Beers, still tweaking some of the body work, really didn't want the bed that long, had the customers TF2 LWB chassis I had to work around.

RSRC

Beautiful styrene work all around. I'm sure the curvy bits are much more difficult, but the inside of that tailgate is just awesome.

Doom!

Supporting Member
Awesome work. I can't imagine building a body from scratch. Compound curves kill me. Really nice detail. :biggthumpup: