sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: 4 Link Jig - Tool Tips

Default 4 Link Jig - Tool Tips

Finally made myself a Jig to set up 4 linked trucks today before getting started...what a time saver.
    If you haven't made one yet and build at least 1 truck per year...make this your next 20min project!

I set the frame and body in the general location to get a good starting point to begin building the links.

Just made one side using threaded rod, then cut all of my tube & rod for both sides.

That's genius. Have to make one of those too!
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

JasonC Guest

Is the width adjustable if you are going to use different axles? How are the rails connected?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    Is the width adjustable if you are going to use different axles? How are the rails connected?
    Sure is...both the main MDF rails and aluminum rails are just held in place with some wood screws. In this version you simply assemble it with the components in it. I'm sure however that one of you machinist/technical types could easilt make it adjustable using some knobs and sliders to make it a little less primative.
    In the end it makes quick work of a 4 link setup!

kuatto Guest

I was sitting looking at the latest rig and wondering what the easiest way to figure the linkage length out,well I have to make one of these little beauties,once again Kev comes to my rescue and doesn't even know it......