sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Winch building tutorial

soleslaw Guest

Beautiful!! I was swearing at mine all day yesterday, I was thinking of bypassing it with a power on/off switch but this is way better!!!

Do you figure you'll able to come up with a brushless version later on?

Brushless? Sure, just use one of your extra ESCs!

Are you looking for a hot rod winch?
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

soleslaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeyOK View Post
    Brushless? Sure, just use one of your extra ESCs!

Are you looking for a hot rod winch?
    lol....maaaaybe jason

*edit; you could use an extra HD servo with a sprocket to run "power attachments": small saw, 'lawn mowers', bucket attachments, hell ya!

Rockfrog Guest

Holy crap that was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by soleslaw View Post
    lol....maaaaybe jason

*edit; you could use an extra HD servo with a sprocket to run "power attachments": small saw, 'lawn mowers', bucket attachments, hell ya!
    Cool idea!

Just a progress report. My driver circuit came in today and I was able to wire things up and get them working.

The two little black blobs on the servo cable in the lower right is the new circuit. It will be cleaner and wrapped in heat shrink when it is complete. The red and black wires hanging out the bottom will need to be soldered to your servo motor inside the case.
    The little circuit board on the servo cable at the top is the original servo circuit.

I'm not really happy with the performance of the motor driver part that I chose so I have ordered a different one that I should be able to test out tomorrow. There are so many parts to choose from and I didn't pay enough attention to some of the specs. The part I am trying tomorrow has a much lower Rds ON (resistance when turned on) and should work better.

I rethought my microcontroller code and have made an improvement. When the winch is stopped, I have it apply "brakes" by shorting the motor winding. This will help keep the winch line where you left it when there is a load on it. My first attempt at programming just removed power to stop the winch which is fine but having it work like a drag brake on an ESC is better.

Hope I sell more than just a couple of these things to recover some of my R&D

soleslaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeyOK View Post

Hope I sell more than just a couple of these things to recover some of my R&D
    Dude, this is way cheaper than sending to nasa to launch into space!!

Let us know when you have a solid cost, hopefully since it only has a couple components, small and easy to produce it will be cheap

It looks like I can do this for the $20 I was hoping for, but will know more soon.

not to be a trouble maker but will this work on a 3racing winch ???

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 3racing winch. Did the controller that came with it fail?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast