sbg  

AE Element
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Winch building tutorial

That's great Darwin! I'll get on this soon.
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

Rockfrog Guest

I'll commit to buying one as long as it'll swap into a standard size servo. would it be compatible with a digital servo? I have both a few TowerPro MG966R digital and some Hobbico CS-70MGBB to choose from.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by HeyOK View Post
    ... I could probably come up with a winch driver circuit for about $20 that wouldn't drift at all. Would that interest you guys? If a couple of people commit to this I will do it.

Code454 Guest

i think i got some servos, i might try it as well
    Last edited by Code454; 01-02-2010 at 06:18 PM.

As long as the motor runs from two wires (ie not brushless) it should be fine. Might be a bit of a challenge to fit it in a servo, but I think I can!

Rockfrog Guest

Even external works for me ... I thought you meant to fit it inside the case was all.

I'd like to see it fit inside the case too. If not, it would probably be a blob of heat shrink on the end of a servo cable with a pair of wires that you would solder to the winch's motor.

Did some R&D this morning. Got things figured out and just have to order a motor driver IC. This is going to work!

Uses a PIC and a motor driver IC. No more winch drift!

Hopefully I will have a few of these built by the end of the week.

soleslaw Guest

Whoa that was quick!

There are alot of components there....how small do you figure this bad-boy will be?

Code454 Guest

Sweet that was quick lol... and there are alot of components for testing i beleive once you figure the parts out the its just as simple as putting all together and making it work without the testing board lol

i wish i still remembered how to do that stuff from school, but no such luck lol
    Last edited by Code454; 01-04-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Sorry... rather than put away components I'm not using, I just jam them into the left side of the bread board.

There is a bunch of stuff left in the circuit from my Dual Motor Dig Controller that aren't really needed for this build.

I should be able to make it a little smaller than the driver circuit board that I yanked from the Tower Pro servo. Should be two little 8 pin ICs and a small cap and a bit of wire.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast