sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winch building tutorial

what i did was to change the pot to a mini pot of the same value and then mount it on the outside of the servo i hot glued it on o put a straw over the adjustment then when it cooled i adjusted to center put a thin layer of vasaline over it so when it changed i could esily adjust center again

this was for my tug but should work aswell for your rig
    maybe use siilicon rether than vasiline

soleslaw Guest

I want to completely omit the adjustment aspect. Forward and reverse only. If i have to find neutral with my trims then thats fine as long as it DOESNT KEEP CHANGING!

Quote Originally Posted by soleslaw View Post
    Is there a way of removing the pot altogether? Or maybe soldering all the wires to the pot together or something?
    This thing takes a bump or jolt and just starts turning on its own even though my pot was crazy-glued at center.

Any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated
    I have heard of removing the pot and replacing it with resistors two of egual value (no idea what value) one from center pot wire to left wire and one from center pot wire to right wire. I havent tried this but it seems like it might work in theory, any electronics gurus got an idea?
    Scale Innovator

soleslaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ax-hole View Post
    I have heard of removing the pot and replacing it with resistors two of egual value (no idea what value) one from center pot wire to left wire and one from center pot wire to right wire. I havent tried this but it seems like it might work in theory, any electronics gurus got an idea?
    That would be cool, but a resister free-cost free way would be better

right now I want to launch this thing on a rocket into the sun jason

Code454 Guest

yeah ive seen that to i will check later on rcc i think there were some threads about it

on the back of the pot there is a number 50k somthing like that
    you would need 2 x 2.5 k resistors or 2500 ohms

but there is always a but
    i have done this and somtimes you need a 2.2 on one side a and a 2.8 on the othe th value isnt always center at 50%
    if you get me a servo i can fix it or if metal gears done mater i can make one and sawp with you
    there is a thread on cc for this

I posted this before somewhere.

Get two resistors maybe 4.7K and solder them in (in place of the pot). I show a pot as the lower part of the drawing for your reference.

It still might drift on you a bit. The problem is that it is a very high gain circuit that tries to compensate for any drift by moving the pot back into position. Eliminating the pot gets rid of the feedback that works to make it stable.

I could probably come up with a winch driver circuit for about $20 that wouldn't drift at all. Would that interest you guys? If a couple of people commit to this I will do it.
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by HeyOK View Post
    I posted this before somewhere.

Get two resistors maybe 4.7K and solder them in (in place of the pot). I show a pot as the lower part of the drawing for your reference.

It still might drift on you a bit. The problem is that it is a very high gain circuit that tries to compensate for any drift by moving the pot back into position. Eliminating the pot gets rid of the feedback that works to make it stable.

I could probably come up with a winch driver circuit for about $20 that wouldn't drift at all. Would that interest you guys? If a couple of people commit to this I will do it.

would this be a plug and play device or somthing to solder inplace of the pot

I'm assuming that you are talking about the winch controller circuit. It would solder to the servo motor in place of all the servo's electronics.
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

yes i was talking about the winch servo
    i would take one to help come up with a new device that would give a me a spare board for a blown servo

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast