sbg  

GearHead
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peterbilt 6x6 Heavy-ish Hauler

Wow, I really dig this. The truck really looks the business.

So weird you got, actual snow, in Texas. We get that every few weeks up here.

I flew to Phoenix, Arizona a few years back. When I arrived, it snowed the next day.
    smallfact0ry on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Wow, I really dig this. The truck really looks the business.

So weird you got, actual snow, in Texas. We get that every few weeks up here.

I flew to Phoenix, Arizona a few years back. When I arrived, it snowed the next day.
    Thanks!! Yeah, I've lived here for 26 years and these last 3 weeks were the only TWO times we've received legit powdery snow. Usually it's just some flurries accompanied by everything icing over. It was actually kind of nice until out entire infrastructure died 'cause nothing was weatherized.

I popped some holes in the dash today in preparation for backlighting the dash similar to how Bob at Hobby Concepts does it.

And with paint and my marker job it came out looking like wood grain. Perfect!!

Primed/painted some other bits today, too. Ignore Cletus. I think he sniffed too much spray paint today.

Very nice work on the dash.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Very nice work on the dash.

Wes
    Thanks, Wes!

I picked up a pair of super single Michelins from RC4WD in hopes of maybe running them up front. Holy crapola, they're gigantic!

I mean....sure, technically they fit, but that wheel is way too narrow so these will be used another time. It's a bummer because they look amazing and are so much softer than the rock hard Lesus.

I also started working on painting the driver. Never painted a person before so it'll be interesting to see how this dude turns out! But how do I mount him into the seat?

Not gonna lie. This felt a bit awkward.

But I had my reasons to violate poor Cletus the way I did!

See? I told ya. This wasn't just for my own personal enjoyment!

Finally getting around to doing some detailing of the cab, too. Rolled the windows down to make it easier to see the interior.

Got the orange lenses fitted to the cab clearance lights and painted the visor.

I also painted the wipers and some window trim.

Lastly, I picked up a Gear Jammer fifth wheel slider and a Lesu fifth wheel and did some painting along the way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123