sbg  

RC4WD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideas for inner fenders on my scale 1980s Chevy van

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceoverMatt View Post
    @imthatguy...being that it was an FDM printed body, there were a lot of lines. I have about 5 hours of sanding, but I have an electric micro sander that I swear by. Also used Probond wood filler to help with the line problem. It’s not perfect, but it’s the first body I 3D printed, so I’m pleased. I’m printing a 2010 Tahoe right now with Spidermaker matte filament, which seems to do better with the lines.

Very cool. A microsander seems like a good investment. I remember, long ago, using a electric mouse-style sander. Yes, that body got ruined.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

For those of you who remember, around ‘79 or ‘80, Chevy introduced the Chevy Van Sport.I have decided to replicate that....so new base coat down, on to the stripe graphics that came on this color choice. Here is where it is now, and what it is supposed to look like. Let me know what you think.

Another option for fender liners, you can hit up an office supply place and get some plastic 2 pocket folders for organizing papers. Many colors available, even black. It's a softer option like the rubbery fender liners your real car has. Although, it'll take some trimming & oragami kind of thinking.

If you were running a build with big tires, some guys have cut down the clear domes that a pack of Writeable CDs come inside.

That's a very sharp van! I'm really digging the looks on that body. Self-designed, or did you find the file somewhere?

Would some of the other print smoothing methods work on that filament, like trying the 'Acetone Vapor' thing?

-
    This is really cool, go back to either Offroad or Onroad and start a build thread!

Well, I went a different direction with the van....thoughts?

Just need to wire lights

Given that I like to find things others don’t seem to have.....anyone seen any Tahoe’s?.....I’ve started a 2010 Tahoe

That Tahoe looks pretty good. What wheelbase does it have ? Looks like its on a trx4?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123