sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: New to making videos

Default New to making videos

Hello, I recently got back into Rc after a pretty long time, and couldn?t be happier. I also kind of fell into the hobby of filming while out enjoying my truck. It?s nothing special but hopefully with some better gear in the near future I can produce some more realistic footage. Future plans include getting a gimbal for smooth shots, a trailfinder 2 for a more realistic looking rig and more practice editing. I recently picked up an scx24 for my son... cough cough for me too that I?ll mess around with over the winter and maybe make a video here and there to practice editing. But come spring again I?ll hopefully make a video a week. Thanks for watching and a like and a sub would go a long way if you like my videos and if not that?s ok too.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/b5KtacvfqJA

Filming is fun and addictive. Make sure you get down as low as possible. Imagine your camera is being carried by a scale figure. Anywhere they can go is game for filming. Make sure to wear old clothes cause you will be getting low on the ground to make the shots.

Wes

Good points Wes, I’ve got old clothes aplenty. Hopefully spring will won’t be late ( I know it’s only November right?) and I can get out and make some more films. Until then I picked up an scx24 to chase the cats around the house and practice filming with.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
    Good points Wes, I’ve got old clothes aplenty. Hopefully spring will won’t be late ( I know it’s only November right?) and I can get out and make some more films. Until then I picked up an scx24 to chase the cats around the house and practice filming with.

Cheers
    Nice first start! If you don't like getting muddy (like me) I suggest getting yourself a gimbal and a monopod. I use a Zhiyun Crane, and I attached a Manfrotto monopod to the bottom, and run it upside down. Camera can essentially drag on the ground, and I can stand straight up. Perfect!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks! I’ve got a gimbal on order, it’s a Dji om3 and an extension pole.

Quote Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
    Thanks! I’ve got a gimbal on order, it’s a Dji om3 and an extension pole.
    Perfect! That'll do you well!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM