sbg  

AE Element

Thread: 4WS and Dig.

Default 4WS and Dig.

I am trying to have it all.
    So I put together a new Rig.
    For starters I bought a Brazen Scale RC frame.
    Then added all metal frame bracing. Plus a forward battery box with a metal servo tray and a metal base plate. This makes for a very ridged frame.

I then added two Axial Ar44 front axle setups. This made for a nice 4WS steering arrangement

https://youtu.be/dfjDvrgLM0c

Next I wanted DIG
    So I ordered the Vanquish Hurts Dig unit. This is such quality. Everything about it screams quality. I am going to have to get a Vs410 someday.

So the Axial trans from the builders kit would not accept the DIG unit. That was a little disappointing. But I have a nice metal 3 gear trans that has a bad clutch arrangement. Basically it slips. I fixed it somewhat but when I opened it up to install the dig unit the big gear is all one piece. So no dice there. Then I stripped one of the mounting screws in the Axial plastic trans case and I had an idea.
    Metal case. Axial clutch and gears vanquish DIG. It all went together and works perfectly. Super super smooth.
    I added a SAVOX 1256 TG servo and programmed it to shift . Only other modification was the spring clutch adjustment cover rubbed on the output shaft. I used a hammer and drift to bend it out and trimmed the tip of the shaft down some.
    Just need to put it all together now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it all together and ran it around the rocks some. Still needs a little tuning and a body.
    I have a handle on an out of stock Ambush body or I might do a Bronco .

The body needs to be one piece.

With 4WS there is not much need for locking the rear wheels. But turning just the front wheels seems like a cool feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting setup: I built a clod one and enjoyed the 4-wheel steering.

I use a Futaba 4PL so it allowed me to toggle thru front only, rear only, 4-wheel steer and crab walk. It was really fun.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things