sbg  

RC4WD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Vacuumformer - Tutorial

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Macungie PA
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Just catching up on threads and glad I did. This is awesome seeing others getting into vacuum forming bodies and pieces. It?s a lot of fun and very useful. Can?t wait to see what you make with this set up. As always, if you need anything just let me know.


    Wes

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Can't wait to see your thermally formed awesomeness mate....
    Things have been done.

    Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Just catching up on threads and glad I did. This is awesome seeing others getting into vacuum forming bodies and pieces. It?s a lot of fun and very useful. Can?t wait to see what you make with this set up. As always, if you need anything just let me know.


    Wes
    I apreciate it so much Wes, thank you! This process is so much fun for sure.


    So, what can be a better introduction to vacuumforming than upgrading my old trucks with some parts.
    There goes the Toyota dropbed.



    Speaking about troubleshooting, during my first pulls, i had those wrinkles on the corners of inner fenders.



    After i cut down my heating box in height a bit, started to open the vacuum into the table smoothly and added height to my inner fenders, problem solved out. Correct me if i do something wrong haha.









    I am glad with the result. First succesfully pulled parts goes to my orange toyota.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Macungie PA
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Nothing wrong there, stellar work.


    Wes

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    That looks brilliant, great job!

    Best thing is, now you can do a fresh pull for every Hilux you build!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    OZ Trail-ya
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Awesome job mate I've started toying with this build process myself recently, in a very bush hack style though.....
    Isn't it super satisfying when you drop that hot styrene down over the buck and get your first good clean pull?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Nothing wrong there, stellar work.


    Wes
    Many thanks, Wes.

    Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    That looks brilliant, great job!

    Best thing is, now you can do a fresh pull for every Hilux you build!
    True! One set went to my local friend. Hope to see more scale beds soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Awesome job mate I've started toying with this build process myself recently, in a very bush hack style though.....
    Isn't it super satisfying when you drop that hot styrene down over the buck and get your first good clean pull?
    Thank you sir! You right, even if the pull is not very successful but the process is still very satisfying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •