sbg  

RC4WD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuumformer - Tutorial

Just catching up on threads and glad I did. This is awesome seeing others getting into vacuum forming bodies and pieces. It?s a lot of fun and very useful. Can?t wait to see what you make with this set up. As always, if you need anything just let me know.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Can't wait to see your thermally formed awesomeness mate....
    Things have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Just catching up on threads and glad I did. This is awesome seeing others getting into vacuum forming bodies and pieces. It?s a lot of fun and very useful. Can?t wait to see what you make with this set up. As always, if you need anything just let me know.

Wes
    I apreciate it so much Wes, thank you! This process is so much fun for sure.

So, what can be a better introduction to vacuumforming than upgrading my old trucks with some parts.
    There goes the Toyota dropbed.

Speaking about troubleshooting, during my first pulls, i had those wrinkles on the corners of inner fenders.

After i cut down my heating box in height a bit, started to open the vacuum into the table smoothly and added height to my inner fenders, problem solved out. Correct me if i do something wrong haha.

I am glad with the result. First succesfully pulled parts goes to my orange toyota.

Nothing wrong there, stellar work.

Wes

That looks brilliant, great job!

Best thing is, now you can do a fresh pull for every Hilux you build!

Awesome job mate I've started toying with this build process myself recently, in a very bush hack style though.....
    Isn't it super satisfying when you drop that hot styrene down over the buck and get your first good clean pull?

Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Nothing wrong there, stellar work.

Wes
    Many thanks, Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    That looks brilliant, great job!

Best thing is, now you can do a fresh pull for every Hilux you build!
    True! One set went to my local friend. Hope to see more scale beds soon!

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Awesome job mate I've started toying with this build process myself recently, in a very bush hack style though.....
    Isn't it super satisfying when you drop that hot styrene down over the buck and get your first good clean pull?
    Thank you sir! You right, even if the pull is not very successful but the process is still very satisfying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12