sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: G2 leaf conversion advice

Default G2 leaf conversion advice

Converting my G2 chassis to leafs and I am trying mitigate as many issues as I can. I am a complete noob to leaf springs. So, to you leafy fellows:

My G2 Cruiser is heavier than stock (driver, spare, 5k mAh 2 cell, lights, and some scale boxes etc...). I currently run 70mm Pro-line scalers (for an appropriate ride hight). But they look waaayyyy out of place on this little aged beauty.

I just purchased the G2 spring conversion kit, but I am unsure of the approximate ride hight I will see from the springs that are supplied in the kit. In a perfect world this new suspension will droop into the gaps, but still have a little room to still spring up for bumps (I hope that makes sense, maybe 70/30-ish).

1. Should I purchase a different spring pack to help achieve this?
    2. Do all TF2 springs (SWB and LWB) fit this G2 conversion or just the SWB?
    3. Should I keep a 70mm length for the shock absorber (internal springs will be removed, if any) OR should I use 80mm, then tune with the fuel tube mod?
    4. Any Shock absorber? ...I prefer oil filled shock absorbers so I can tune-in that super sweet scale 'bounce back' that tickles my fancy.

Any advice from you guys with leafy G2s would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gents
    Walt

This looks like a question for pardonmyn00b, as he's done this conversion. That said, with all RC4WD trucks, I rarely run all three springs. Usually the smallest helper, on top of the main leaf, rather than underneath it.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Good point. If anyone has their PhD in leafs for this truck, it?s probably him.

The SBG video on leaf sprung trucks was very helpful btw, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sir View Post
    Good point. If anyone has their PhD in leafs for this truck, it?s probably him.

The SBG video on leaf sprung trucks was very helpful btw, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy it helped!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM