sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Printing question

Default Printing question

I'm looking to buy my first printed possibly the creality ender 3. Question is, how many reels of pla should I buy? Not printing a full body or anything major yet. Let's say on shapeways knights custom interior cost $110 could a single reel make a complete interior or how many do you think. Thanks in advance for any information.

it depends how big the body would be https://ic3dprinters.com/3d-printer-...st-calculator/
    if you enter the numbers right you can calculate how much you'll use

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwayback View Post
    it depends how big the body would be https://ic3dprinters.com/3d-printer-...st-calculator/
    if you enter the numbers right you can calculate how much you'll use
    That calculator does nothing to answer his question. Do you have a 3D printer?

A reel is sold generally in kilogram rolls. The average roll will net you dozens of pieces depending on the complexity, infill and supports. As an example, I can get two whole bodies or more out of a single roll of PLA filament. I always have three rolls of any specific colour and material I like working with on hand, just in case. Cura, if you're using that to slice your models, will tell you exactly how many metres and grams will be used in your model once you slice it, so you'll never be short!

Pretty cool, and good luck with your printer choice!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks, that helps a lot. Definitely gives me a better idea of what to expect rather then buying from Shapeways all the time.

i used this calculator and it was within like a ounce i used it on the 3d printer at school they had fancy i think $800 printers but it should be pretty universal

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwayback View Post
    i used this calculator and it was within like a ounce i used it on the 3d printer at school they had fancy i think $800 printers but it should be pretty universal
    You need to read your PM's.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM