sbg  

GearHead

Thread: 2004-2006 Jeep tj unlimited AKA “LJ”

Default 2004-2006 Jeep tj unlimited AKA “LJ”

New to scale RC and have been looking everywhere for a Jeep tj body that I could extend into the 2004-2006 two door unlimited to match my 1:1 rig. Anyone here ever found a tj body? All I have found are yj or jk bodies. Also, anyone willing to take on this project and make one for my scx10.2? Let me know what you guys think. I’ve been watching plenty of YouTube videos and reading posts, found some tj blueprints so push come to
    Shove I may try my hand at either converting a jk to a tj grill or fabbing one out of styrene myself. Thanks

Default 2004-2006 Jeep tj unlimited AKA “LJ”

There was a toy grade company by the name of Nikko that made a TJ body. That would be the best starting point because all you’d have to do is add some material before the rear wheel. You can find them on eBay for a reasonable price. It’s something that can be done easily yourself but there are a few vendors here (including myself) that do body work or builds for hire.
    Last edited by pardonmyn00b; 06-06-2020 at 03:46 AM.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Awesome. Thank you for the info. If I can’t find a tj body on eBay or the like, I may be reaching out for a
    Custom build. I would just like to tackle it myself first if I can.

do you have access to a 3d printer?

I don’t.

then i'd take noobs advice