sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tube and Rail Trail Crawler

This is looking really good. I feel your pain about straightening brake tubing. I found SS capillary tubing on eBay a few years back and haven’t looked back. It comes straight, is super strong and is easy to work with. What are you going to do for the rear? More of the Camaro or something custom?

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    This is looking really good. I feel your pain about straightening brake tubing. I found SS capillary tubing on eBay a few years back and haven’t looked back. It comes straight, is super strong and is easy to work with. What are you going to do for the rear? More of the Camaro or something custom?

Wes
    I kind of want to use the doors from the Camaro. But once I get the wheelbase dialed in I am going to trim the backend and do more tube work and try my hand at some sheetmetal work.

V22

Mounted up the bumper and fit the axles up. Next is ride height/shocks and finish up the cage work... Wheels and tires are temps. Deciding on size once the ride hight is set.

V22

Added the shocks and got a better feel for ride hight. Wheelbase is 13 inches. As it sits on the temp wheels and tire set up its around 11" wide outside to outside.

V22

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123