sbg  

AE Element
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodge M37 1:1 Match

Default Dodge M37 1:1 Match

I was asked to make another Dodge M37. That was a very early build for me. I did t really document it much, but plan on changing that for This one. I also scratch built that from expanded PVC and styrene, but plan on vacuum forming most of the panels out of styrene. Most of the bed will most likely be scratch built.

The truck will be an SCX10.2 with an RC4WD leaf spring kit. I am also adding in an RC4WD transfer case and a forward motor transmission. The wheels are Pitbull Combat wrapper with Irok Super Swampers. Lost of other goodies, but time will tell once I start getting heavy into the build.

I’m going to do my best to match the customers 1:1 which he is currently restoring. I’m going to have to make sure I get a good direction of what he is going to do, cause I am sure I will be done before he will.

Here is what I have so far.

Wes

Excellent. Gonna follow this one!
    Cheers eh!
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by tossedman View Post
    Excellent. Gonna follow this one!
    thanks, super excited. I don't often get to do a complete build from beginning to end. This one should be pretty sweet.

Wes

Great start!
    What brand is that transfer case?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose79 View Post
    Great start!
    What brand is that transfer case?
    RC4WD and thanks!

Wes

Got most of the chassis and drivetrain sorted. Still waiting on a few things to show up, but nothing that will keep it from moving forward.

Wes

Almost finished with the chassis and drivetrain. I ended up lengthening the chassis by 25mm. I wanted the end piece to remain factory, so I added a chunk in from a sore set of rails I had in my parts bin.

The electronics are nothing to write home about, but they will work. The guy wants the look, not sure he is serious about scale trucks. Anyway, they all tucked in nicely in the front. The battery will live in the rear and be accessed via a hatch in by bed.

Working on my drawings and sketches so I can get the styrene work soon. Still hoping for a few key pieces to show in the post. Crossing my fingers they will be here in time.

Wes

Making some progress on this again. Will have the basic structure finished soon.

Wes

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

I sure do like these old trucks. you are off to a great start. very happy to see some leaf springs under it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast