sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crawl1ngFinn's 2nd Jerp: C2 YJ Truggy - Element Enduro

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    That rear section looks good for width, especially with that Pit Bull sitting in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAnguish View Post
    The rear tube work looks great!
    Thanks for the kind words mates!

Today was a national holiday so I decided to be productive and spent the whole day building the YJ. I got the cage almost finished, it's only missing spare tire mount anymore and then I can proceed to front bumper and after that the metal fabrication should be done.

Here it is, standing on it's tires for the first time. I bought this Enduro builder's kit from Black Friday sale last year
    IMG_20200521_181222.jpg

IMG_20200521_183436.jpg

The braces behind doors could have been 4mm rod instead of 3mm but I didn't have 4mm and it seems no hardware store has either.
    IMG_20200521_183514.jpg

IMG_20200521_183552.jpg

It's sitting pretty high as the shocks are not compressed at all as there is no trans, electronics, interior or anything else in there. Hopefully it will sit somewhere around middle of the shock travel once everything is done. If not then I will go from medium to soft springs.
    IMG_20200521_183627.jpg
    I have no idea what I'm doing. But trust me, I'm an engineer!

Looking "trug-alicious" mate

Geeeeesh,
    This critter is turning out purdy sexy.
    Very nice cage work and cutting and fitting.
    The lines look smooth and flowing for sure.
    Great Job and keep it coming.
    Run what Ya Brung.

sick build , i think those 3mm rods look a lil more scale

Looking "trug-alicious" mate
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Geeeeesh,
    This critter is turning out purdy sexy.
    Very nice cage work and cutting and fitting.
    The lines look smooth and flowing for sure.
    Great Job and keep it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwayback View Post
    sick build , i think those 3mm rods look a lil more scale
    Thanks mates!

I got the YJ kinda finished on Friday and today we had the first comp of this season so I had a chance to put the YJ truggy into acid test. It performed pretty well, it doesn't have a winch yet so that was a challenge, I managed to finish 2 tracks out of 4. One I didn't even try as first gate was immediately a winch gate, just took DNF right after start

The interior is from 1.9 Wraith. I know, lexan I will deal with that later. I am tempted to order GCM Racing scale trans for it, we will see. The Element transmission is so huge that it takes all the space from proper interior.

Here are couple shots from the YJ, before the comp. Now it does have some scratches already.
    IMG_20200606_142006.jpg
    IMG_20200606_142023.jpg
    IMG_20200606_142043.jpg
    IMG_20200606_175438.jpg

Sweet!
    This rig has turned out very nice indeed. I love that front bar and the colour scheme is also great.

It looks like you have added some very trick looking, pressed metal front inner guards, any chance on some detail pics of those?
    Keep up the great work mate.

that turned out great. I like the contrasting colors. one question was going to ask is where did you fit the battery? I always have trouble finding a place to put battery under that body.

i would paint the diff covers i think it'd seal the look

Sweet!
    This rig has turned out very nice indeed. I love that front bar and the colour scheme is also great.

It looks like you have added some very trick looking, pressed metal front inner guards, any chance on some detail pics of those?
    Keep up the great work mate.
    Thanks mate! I got a little bit of inspiration for the color scheme from Ian Johnson's LJ but didn't want to go with black body.

Well spotted! I did make stamped inner fenders with same technique that Josh from Harley Designs makes the aluminum panels. I did cut some corners, literally, and didn't fine tune them to fit perfectly but they are ok I guess:
    IMG_20200611_092648.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    that turned out great. I like the contrasting colors. one question was going to ask is where did you fit the battery? I always have trouble finding a place to put battery under that body.
    Thank you! I have the battery in stock location of Element Enduro, I have that same trouble usually but in this build it fit pretty nicely there. I am using small 3s lipos, I can barely fit 1800mAh there but 1300mAh is going to be the size I use. I may look into redesigning and 3d printing the battery tray to get it as low as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwayback View Post
    i would paint the diff covers i think it'd seal the look
    Paint doesn't last very long in the diff covers as they tend to get scratched pretty quick. I may at some point get some metal diff covers but will most likely stick with black.

Here are couple more shots from a small outing I did today:
    IMG_20200612_171446.jpg
    IMG_20200612_172515.jpg

Don't down play them mate, those inner guards are very nice.

I reckon using metal gives a nicer look that a plain 3D printed version on this style of build.

I like the little bird you added too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12