sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cesco RC crawler garage

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    My head hurts. This is amazing.

Your printer must be worn out.
    I have 2 3D printers. Use them a lot for RC, well 98% is RC use. They print constantly. If it is not for this, it is for parts for my cars or for RC friends.

Windows have been painted and are now assembled. Tamiya 0.4mm lexan to make window glass.

Assembling.

Meanwhile also made a door and last stones went on the walls.

Half of the windows are glued on the walls. I go for a look where the garage is part of a larger building. Through the windows you look into the rest of the builing where all project 4x4s and stock 4x4s are.

Either that is me in the glass or the garage is haunted......

Unfortunately, one of the windows was broken. Vandalism, accident, trying to break in? I have no idea.

Today the rest of the windows go in. Finish the roll door.
    And get more things done.

Thanks for sharing.

Rolling door is now also finished at the top.

Result so far:

After this started with a roof. I will leave it open for now, so that I can shoot and film from above.

Time to make some beams. Inspiration comes from photos of Jay Leno's garage.

3D print designed and printed beam holders are made below. Most for the looks, but the ones on the side are functional.

Everything is held together with glue, except for the hooks. There are the only screws, although they are also partly for looks. The walls are therefore kept upright by the slots in the floor part and by the roof at the top. All beams are stained.

The next step is to glue the garage floor parts that I had 3D printed. This will only go in the corners of the scale garage on the ground floor. Under the first floors, that I will build next.

And this is where the project stands now.

I have been doing some more building. Material a combination of 3D prints, wood, paint and screws.

I want to make a platform left and right in the back corners. Now you can do that simply with some wood. But I wanted a more scale look. With I-beams and accompanying uprights and an industrial look for the stairs.

So I search on Thingiverse and what is not there I adjust or design myself.
    And then combine a bit with wooden beams and a wooden subfloor for a realistic look. It is not finished yet, but the photos show where it is going.

All screwed together and all beams welded together with a 3D pen.

And then floorboards on it.

In between, scale accessories are also made and this is one of them.

Every garage needs heating and ventilation. So I made something that can be done on one of the walls when the platforms are ready.

The left platform posted above should get a staircase, but first made the platform on the right.

Same recipe but now with the stairs installed right away. The 3D printer is currently printing the last parts of the landing. And the floor boards still have to be on the floor. But basic state.

Broad lines already visible.

It is already starting to like something.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast