sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMT10 "Impending Doom 2"

Was able to get the driver painted up for this thing. For something a little different, I decided to leave the area surrounding the driver clear to create a little more depth for the interior. From most angles it looks ok. I also trimmed up the interior a little so that it could be mounted a little further forward. Having the driver sitting back past the rear plane of the cockpit area of the cage seemed strange to me.

-Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

So this one is "done enough" for now. I am still waiting on some decals for the side plates on the frame. They are taking their merry sweet time getting here from the UK. Eventually I will be doing a scale engine and fuel cell out back...eventually. The wrap is a combination of some auto wrap film and some inkjet vinyl graphics that I printed myself. It is meant to be a placeholder for now until I can design and have printed the wrap I want. The color pallete is the same but the graphic is meant to represent a highly pixelated version of the real imagery. I gave up on trying to keep this on 2.2" wheels and went with some JConcepts Tributes, JCT tires, and scale beadlocks.

Presenting "Impending Doom II".

-Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store

Fantastic looking smt10, love the colours!

Also interested to see the engine/fuel cell designs...

Looks so awesome! I too am interested in seeing the engine and fuel cell.

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    Fantastic looking smt10, love the colours!

Also interested to see the engine/fuel cell designs...
    Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Looks so awesome! I too am interested in seeing the engine and fuel cell.

Thanks, guys. Hopefully I will get to that before too long.

In the mean time, those headers I printed earlier were test prints for something fun I had been working up a design for. I'm surprised nobody had tried this already, but I made up a set of backfire headers using Shapeways 3D printed parts and a lighting unit from MyTrickRC that has LED backfire capability.

The final versions came out nice, and even without the backfire LEDs installed they make a great set of scale headers.

Pictures only tell so much of the story, so I put together a short promotional video showing them in action and dubbed some sounds in for fun. There is lots of potential for fun vids using these things.

-Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12