sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quarantine/ isolation builds?

Default Quarantine/ isolation builds?

Hey folks,

Picked up a order today to keep me busy for the time off work Iíll have since my buisness is no longer a essential business in Ontario, anyways cool with me wanted some time off anyways, picked up a pile of stuff at the somewhat local hobby shop to keep me going, what all are you guys building? This is the 1st hard body and build kit Iíve done, got the 2 bodyís to see what one I likes best for the scx 10 ii and then I know Iíll eventually get another truck for the other body, anyways whatís everyoneís experience or pointers for doing these bodyís on the scx10 ii? Any pointers for me or tips and tricks? Thanks guys and I look forward to seeing what everyone is building with all this time now
    711265B4-283F-4B68-86F9-703200590BCD.jpg

Also got started on my scale garage
    3CE299EA-FE51-4BD9-BB12-5E5E999B7A93.jpg
    not driving it to work everyday? doesnít have to be reliable

im building my items are stuck in transit. maybe by august they will get here

its fun, isnt it....

Have fun!

I used Mod19rc's mounts for the 2 door body/scx10ii. Don't want to be a salesman but they are very handy and make it very easy to combine scx10ii with toyota.

Enjoy the build, these make fun little trucks!

Sorry you are off work, but look forward to seeing all of this!

Wes

Thanks guys, if I’m completely honest I’m fine with being off work for a little bit, needed a bit of a vacation anyways, hopefully it’s only a couple weeks or a month, time will tell tho, I’ll look into those mounts tho, not sure if I’ll have to do the GCM tranny kit to use the interior, I’m sure the body itself won’t be to hard to figure out how to mount more so the interior with the tranny and motor in stock location, don’t wanna hack everything up, I will post progress or questions for advice as they come up

That sucks, I ordered some wired winch controllers from Rc4wd and right after I paid I clued in the states is under full lock dow
    And who knows when I’ll get them, not sure if they are still open or not? Hopefully yours come in soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ricketycrawler View Post
    Thanks guys, if I’m completely honest I’m fine with being off work for a little bit, needed a bit of a vacation anyways, hopefully it’s only a couple weeks or a month, time will tell tho, I’ll look into those mounts tho, not sure if I’ll have to do the GCM tranny kit to use the interior, I’m sure the body itself won’t be to hard to figure out how to mount more so the interior with the tranny and motor in stock location, don’t wanna hack everything up, I will post progress or questions for advice as they come up
    All works with the standard 3 gear tranny, might just have to chop a little bit at the rear of the new interiors, old style bench fits over it.

Sorry about your winch controllers, hope you have enough stuff to put something together!

Looking forward to seeing your build come together Hope the deliveries aren't delayed too long.

My pandemic build consists of busting some walking/scale trails through a block of our property. Have been meaning to do so for a few years now and it's the perfect project for me right now.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ricketycrawler View Post
    That sucks, I ordered some wired winch controllers from Rc4wd and right after I paid I clued in the states is under full lock dow
    And who knows when I’ll get them, not sure if they are still open or not? Hopefully yours come in soon
    domestic mail is fine. mail into canada should be fine

the problem is from asia/europe to NA and back.. that is the blackhole i thought i avoided but looking at my tracking numbers not updating, guess not. orders from mid march before the official suspension of service.

Quote Originally Posted by jns65wt1hy6kkn6 View Post
    domestic mail is fine. mail into canada should be fine

the problem is from asia/europe to NA and back.. that is the blackhole i thought i avoided but looking at my tracking numbers not updating, guess not. orders from mid march before the official suspension of service.

Ah ok, that suck, guessing no way to get a refund and get something in US or Canada? I sent RC4WD a msg today to see if they are even still open? I know I won’t hear back till Monday if I do but didn’t know if they would be or not because of the lock downs there, we haven’t gotten as bad as the US, yet... but anyways paid for the faster shipping so hopefully they come in, if not I’ll just put it on a reverse polarity switch until they come, if I get to that point anyways had to do that on my other truck last week because I swamped the truck and bye bye winch controller, guess the are not waterproof? Who knew??? So being my 1st big build and not wanting to just slap it together with crazy glue and popsicle sticks I’m going to take my time and do it right, I have another truck to crawl with for now that is a trx4 bronco but with a jconcepts k10 chev lexan body, so when I want to roll something over rocks it’s my go to, only things traxxas left on it are micro servos and diffs and chassis, everything else has been swapped out, I put a axial AE-5L esc in it last night and it made a massive difference for the better, throttle control is so much better now, but anyways the scx10 is going to be the take time and do it right build, the trx was my 1st RC ever bought and I thought it was the best truck in the planet, until my buddy’s OG scx 10 just walked over things I was having to pop over so it’s a little bit of hurt ego going into this build lol, the trx will be going on the shelf and on days we go to spots that is a 50 foot rock hill climb I’ll put the Tacoma body on it so it can bounce off rocks instead of the hard body, gunna start the builders kit tomorrow, have a good night guys l, stay safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast