sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Coronet ‘67 Drag Car Body

Doing a little scratch building for the firewall. There will be a vacuum formed cap over the top of this for the cowl. I still need to add a lot of little detail, but the basic shape is there.

This body will have a flip forward front clip. Not sure the actual name, but it’s basically when you weld the fenders, hood, grill, etc... then put hinges in the front by the bumper.

Wes

Awesome. I think it's called a clamshell on an E-type? (Being a Brit...)

Thanks, its very frustrating searching for picture of something when you have no idea what its called. I will give clambshell a try.

Wes

Usually on a drag car that's called a flip-nose or tilt-nose, and it's usually a one-piece fiberglass piece that replaces the steel hood and fenders and support stuff. It's much lighter than all the steel, which is I think the main reason they do it.

Looking awesome by the way! I really admire your builds.

Quote Originally Posted by markbt73 View Post
    Usually on a drag car that's called a flip-nose or tilt-nose, and it's usually a one-piece fiberglass piece that replaces the steel hood and fenders and support stuff. It's much lighter than all the steel, which is I think the main reason they do it.

Looking awesome by the way! I really admire your builds.
    Thanks!

Wow! This is awesome. My grand-father had a 67 Coronet 440, blue with a white vinyl top.

The pulls you're making are excellent. Do you have any pics of your set up? What do you use for the bucks...MDF, hardboard, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
    Wow! This is awesome. My grand-father had a 67 Coronet 440, blue with a white vinyl top.

The pulls you're making are excellent. Do you have any pics of your set up? What do you use for the bucks...MDF, hardboard, etc?
    Here are some videos of the process. Mostly MDF, but I add on plastic bits and other fillers as needed. Thanks!

Wes

https://youtu.be/jDJ0sL9jNy0

https://youtu.be/BjiWDsNFaeA

Here are some updates for the Coronet. Getting close to having the main body finished. Will need to shift to the front clip next.

Wes

Very cool video's...thanks. Pretty straight forward. I've been trying to find the MDF but all I can seem to find is the rougher particle board. Do you have a source you order it from or local supplier that sells it?

I was truly intrigued by your vacuum tank and compressor set-up. Lots of very good tips throughout the video's also.

Quote Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
    Very cool video's...thanks. Pretty straight forward. I've been trying to find the MDF but all I can seem to find is the rougher particle board. Do you have a source you order it from or local supplier that sells it?

I was truly intrigued by your vacuum tank and compressor set-up. Lots of very good tips throughout the video's also.
    I get it from Home Depot. Glad the videos could be helpful.

Wes

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast