sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Giant Tribute

Finally gathered up all the paints I think I'm going to need. Testing colors on a speed shape. Using all Createx paints. So far I've laid down Wicked Silver, then Caribe Blue, shadow under the silver stripe with Marine Blue. I'll come back tomorrow and work with the yellows and red.

I also ordered the chassis and a bunch of other random bits. I'll update as the parts come in and I get time to knock things out.

Couldn't wait until morning. LOL

You might check with your local library or community college to see about getting stuff 3D printed as they are likely much cheaper than shapeways. Might as well support local places first.

I miss the flash of those 80's era monster trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedually4x4 View Post
    You might check with your local library or community college to see about getting stuff 3D printed as they are likely much cheaper than shapeways. Might as well support local places first.

I miss the flash of those 80's era monster trucks.
    Thanks for the tip. There's also a place I found online that's a bit cheaper that Shapeways in case I can't find someplace locally.

https://www.makexyz.com/?frm=logo

The 80's and 90's monster trucks were amazing for sure. Much less generic similarity between each truck. Each truck was so unique and most were total show offs making the sport so much more fun for me to watch than it is these days.

sicNme chassis came in today, WOOHOO! It was quite painful to paint it as I really wanted to polish it instead, the darn thing looks amazing. I also grabbed a pair of the anti-rotation brackets while I was at it. Sprayed it with Krylon satin black, then hit it with some Krylon matte clear (didn't have any satin clear on hand and wanted to use this stuff up). Happy with how it came out and can't wait to get it all back together now.

Disassembled the whole thing again and tore one axle down. Just doing one at a time so I don't confuse myself too bad in my old age, and I have a small workbench space at the moment as I've been building some model cars in my spare time, and knocking out a custom airbrushed helmet job I've had sitting around way too long.

I lived in Daytona Beach, FL back in the mid-late 90's so I was a bit scared seeing the sand built up on the axles behind the hubs, but luckily there was zero sand in the axle tubes or inside the gearbox. WHEW! I don't have any good grease for the gearbox laying around, so I'll grab some of that tomorrow and start the reassembly.

My bearing kit and LED programmer for the Hobbywing 880 came in today as well. One piece at a time, but it's killing me as I want to go racing. Looks like this stupid Covid thing is going to put a big hamper on the spring race season and possibly into the summer.

Hopefully I'll have this thing done in time to at least make a few laps before the racing is all done, but I'm not rushing it. Mostly I hope this virus mess blows over quick as there are quite a few people all over suffering from it, so the quicker it's gone the better. Crazy times for sure.

paints looking good, love a good VG build, ill be watching
    Doll House truck builderTeam RC4WDTEAM GCM @MikesRCWorld https://www.youtube.com/mikesrcworld

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
    paints looking good, love a good VG build, ill be watching
    Thanks man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12